Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.07.2011, 07:17 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Logic Pro 9 Automation Issue

So I start with a fresh midi track for my Virus TI in Logic. If I open the filter on my TI's GUI on the screen, why does it get pulled down when I hit the space bar to start the track. There is NO AUTOMATION recorded yet. I even go to the "View" pull down menu and make sure to "delete ALL AUTOMATION on that track. It still pulls the filter closed when I hit the spacebar.

Any ideas?

Thanks, MC
Old 26.07.2011, 08:12 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

When you are saying you are starting with a fresh midi track, do you mean you have opened a new project and started from scratch OR did you just start on another of the 16 slots in the TI2?

If you create a midi region and drag it from one track to the next on the TI2 and the automation is copied, it will copy the EXACT automation from the source track...meaning... if you have filter 1 automation on track 3 and you drag it to track 4, the track 4 automation will STILL be for track 3's filter automation in the virus....that will in turn confuse the virus and make the automation go haywire. I do this all the time on accident.

IF this isn't the problem and you really are working with a clean slate, my first step in troubleshooting would be to try setting the automation to latch in the drop down menu that should now say "read".... that way you can tweak the actual knob on the virus and it will write the info in for you then see what happens from there...