Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 08.08.2006, 09:14 AM
This forum member lives here

The COSM based amps and speakers on my VF1 sound better to my ears than the V-Synth's, so recently I tend to use the V-Synths COSM modules for filters and compression - I even put the Isolater/Filter combo in the FX section as well (I wish they had two of these in the regular COSM sections!!!). The amp stuff doesn't get a look in usually.

Hey if you're after an interesting multi FX Khazul, it may be worth your while to check out a Boss SE-70 as these have analogue distortions mixed with digital FX. I like them for sure and they can be picked up for very cheap these days. I do like the older analogue pedals too though - could be just getting old I guess.

For sure Khazul! Hit record occasionally and let us hear some of it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 08.08.2006, 10:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Oh one contraption thats starting to look very interesting - at least from a guitarist perpective:

Someone posted a link to a video about this in another thread - looks alot of fun.

Currently Ive been trying to use my MD-UW for doing this kind of thing driving it from a MIDI foot controller board.
Old 08.08.2006, 01:18 PM
Pro
Pro

I really like the new UAD1 plugins: Roland Dimension D and Neve 1073 eq. I'm gonna purchase both of them. I don't know about new but my Dyn BM15's amaze me every day I listen to them.
Old 08.08.2006, 03:14 PM

yeah, I like the uad plugs so much that I bought 3 cards (would have bought a 4th, but ran out of pci slots). The biggest issue right now is that all new mobos are shipping with less pci slots and more pcie, so now i have to sell my uad1 pci cards and pick up the pcie versions.
Old 08.08.2006, 03:30 PM

Ugh - Im thinking of switching to a pci-e versions as well. Whihc that they sold a complete bare bones cheapr on tho puely for use an a second/third etc card!
Old 08.08.2006, 05:17 PM

I know that UA has some really good deals on making the switch to PCIe. If you take a look at their recent posting regarding the cross grade to pcie, it almost works out to be a push.
Old 08.08.2006, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Wish UA made stuff for laptops (connected via Cardbuss/PCI-ExpressCard). I'd love one of their DSP cards hanging off my puter.
Old 09.08.2006, 12:28 AM

The only way I have seen laptop users use the uad cards is with the magma expansion chasis and a pcmcia connector (quite expensive)
Old 09.08.2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Hey if you're after an interesting multi FX Khazul, it may be worth your while to check out a Boss SE-70 as these have analogue distortions mixed with digital FX. I like them for sure and they can be picked up for very cheap these days. I do like the older analogue pedals too though - could be just getting old I guess.
Its really just a nice distortion I am after. For interesting multi-fx I have a TC fireworx which I got recently - was running my guitar though it for the first time this eve - think I just found a new genre of ultra trippy guitar based trance (!?!?) - my fingers are sore as hell and Im wondering where several hours went
Old 29.08.2006, 02:22 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'm seriously thinking about selling my Virus since having the mpc2500. I'll probably replace the Virus with a midi keyboard and a computer audio interface. I've been taking sounds from a Paia Fatman and a Sound Lab Mini Synth.

The MPC has a great direct input feature that lets me immediately record sounds. It also has a autochromatic formula to tune samples. I'm moving towards more sampling. I think I can do more with samples. I started way back with an MPC anyway.