Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 09.03.2005, 12:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Getting back into the Virus Multimode style

I guess I'm a returnee here. Some people might remember. I'm looking for someone who uses their Indigo or KC as a midi controller.

I'm using multimode, of course who wouldn't? I realize the eq-ing has to be saved per single. So I save these singles in the A or B bank with the proper eq-ing in the mix. Am I right about the eq? Are they saved to the singles?

My other question. If I'm using a channel in multimode as a midi controller how would I set it up. I was trying it out assigning knobs from the Indigo 2 to NIs Intakt. But some knobs didn't work well. What are the CC#s of the knobs? Can I assign numbers to the knobs in the virus itself? Can the buttons on the virus send midi messages? I realize some problems might be with Intakt.

I'm using an Indigo 2 btw.
Old 09.03.2005, 12:46 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

The knobs have fixed CC values. There is a picture for the Virus B at access' site (in the downloads/miscellaneous section) that diagrams all of the knobs, buttons, and they're values, but there isn't one for the C or IndigoII. It might be a starting point, though.

An easy way to figure them out is to just record the MIDI into a sequencer and start twisting knobs, and see what MIDI data shows up...
Old 10.03.2005, 11:36 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I was thinking of that picture when I was posting. I should try to make a similar one, especially since I've been self learning Photoshop. Time to also explore MIDI Monitor.

Am I right that as long as the Low Page or High Page is set to Control and Poly Pressure everything should be sent fine? I've read the manual, probably my 20th time, and the manual doesn't say much about using the Virus as a controller as it does about controlling the Virus. I think my problem may be with Intakt.