Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 16.02.2005, 03:09 PM

Drammy - I have a Machinedrum and use it live without any trouble. I use it as master, and it controls my Rm1x (that controls my other synths). What kind of trouble are you having syncing it? are you using it as master or slave? I read it had sync problems when being in slave mode.
Old 16.02.2005, 11:51 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Re: ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcideDigital
Well, what I really want is an analogue Drum machine that I can trigger while playing live. A drum Machine I can modify in real-time. I've heard the sounds on the the MachineDrum and they sounded a little too soft. But maybe those sounds can be modified. I don't know. I am looking for a Drum Machine that is has a wide palette of sounds.
Some bigs asks there for an Analogue drum box. The choices are dramaticly reduced if you are after Analogue only. Maybe vintage, or something from the Jomox range would suit.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 17.02.2005, 10:29 AM
New here
New here

Default Drum

It doesn't have to be analogue. Especially because I'm into making techno. Mostly house and trance, ambient and Breakbeat.
Had a MC505 and the sounds were very limited, I couldn't modify anything. It had a very easy to use sequencer. I also had a Korg ER1, also very easy to use but sounds were not what I was looking for. Jomox is a very good 909/808 clone but limited as well.

Now don't know much about Elektron DrumMachine....Can it make a*s-kicking beats????? Can it make soft and delicate souds as well???

Thanx
Old 17.02.2005, 11:31 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Re: ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcideDigital
I've heard the sounds on the the MachineDrum and they sounded a little too soft.
If my recording source was higher quality (onboard at the moment -- woe!) I'd record you some of the monstrous kicks it can do. Downright kidney spasming joint trembling subbass sine waves of doom. Or something.
________
Iolite vaporizer

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 17.02.2005, 12:01 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Yeah, the machinedrum can get mean sounding in a hurry. It's pretty pricey, though; but an excellent piece of kit. I'm also really liking some of the software offerings, like Linplug's RMIV. It's half synth, half sampler, and dead easy to use. For real sounding drums, look no further than Drumkit from Hell Superior.
Old 17.02.2005, 09:07 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon
For real sounding drums, look no further than Drumkit from Hell Superior.
Yes, Drumkit from Hell is going to be my next buy, so I'll have that running with samples on Battery and kicks provided by Jomox Mbase - should be nice.
Old 17.02.2005, 09:54 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
Yes, Drumkit from Hell is going to be my next buy, so I'll have that running with samples on Battery and kicks provided by Jomox Mbase - should be nice.
I'm sure you'll love dfhS. I've had it for about five months, and everyone who's been here to listen to the album's progress always asks about how we recorded the drums. I just smile and don't tell...
Old 17.02.2005, 10:35 PM

STYLUS RMX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18.02.2005, 09:50 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Nordlead,

Thanks for the response. I am syncing to Cubase SL 2.0 on a PC. I cannot set the MD as slave as Cubase won't sync to an external source via MIDI clock.

This is a real problem for me and since I bought RMX I am thinking of selling my hardly used MD, unless you have any ideas...
Old 18.02.2005, 03:20 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I was going to say you probably use Cubase since that's the one everyone complains about with the MD. It's capable of alot of different sounds. In the case of buying on the free market you always have choices.

Not in any order:

Software with a controller.(Best of all worlds)

Electribe(a bit limited, I heard)

Machinedrum(large "inorganic" palette, not going to sound like an 808 or 909 but close)

MPC 2000xl (limited by your samples)

(You could try to buy a Machinedrum from Drammy.)
The machinedrum is a bit difficult to make it sound like real drums. I mean organic/natural. It can be big tough and rough, and also soft. Most demos don't do it justice. Go check out the Yahoo Elektron Group or the elektron-users.com. The Yahoo Group should have in the Files section a Machinedrum contest. The elektron-users.com site will host the new contest. That should finish around the end of the month of Feb. Get this; this month's contest will feature the noise machine!

It's just a matter of trying them out. I can't stress this more find them used. It's just plain cheaper.