Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 18.02.2005, 03:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Use Ableton's Live...on a Mac.

JK

You really shouldn't put that much load on the m-audio. You may have latency problems. You may have a midi loop going on.

You should keep note on how many tracks will play until it gets drunk. It takes me about 6 or 7 HAHAHAHAHHA . Jk

Just take a deep breath and figure out your problem. Do some trouble shooting. M-audio does suck for many people but not most. I don't have anything of theirs and probably won't.

Your message was hard to read. Organize it a bit. You might organize your problem and zero in so to speak.
Old 19.02.2005, 11:37 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Just thought i'd throw in my $0.02 here.

You mention you are using the on-board MIDI from your audio interface (delta 1010).
That might be the source of your problem.

I have a bunch of M-audio hardware here, including a firewire 1814. The onboard midi on it is completely un-usable, but if i switch to a UNO, or my midispor 8/8 it works perfectly.
Same exact drivers which means that the midi hardware on the audio interface is shit.

Yeah, i agree that m-audio's feet should be to the flames on this, but i find its easier just to get dedicated hardware for each purpose.
Old 20.02.2005, 01:48 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Chinard wrote:
Yeah, i agree that m-audio's feet should be to the flames on this, but i find its easier just to get dedicated hardware for each purpose.
All sarcasm aside, that's some introspective shit Chinard.

It is totally possible for us to buy a MID/audio interface that in reality DOESN'T process MIDI well!!!

DAMNIT!!!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 20.02.2005, 07:40 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
I have a bunch of M-audio hardware here, including a firewire 1814. The onboard midi on it is completely un-usable, but if i switch to a UNO, or my midispor 8/8 it works perfectly.
Same exact drivers which means that the midi hardware on the audio interface is shit.
could you explain this a bit more? as in, what specific problems did you have with the firewire 1814? and why was the onboard midi unusable?

im just curious that we may have similar problems, that it is specifically hardware related. up until this point i felt it was an issue with floops and my delta not sitting well together. you dont use floops right?
Old 20.02.2005, 11:15 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
Quote:
could you explain this a bit more? as in, what specific problems did you have with the firewire 1814? and why was the onboard midi unusable?

im just curious that we may have similar problems, that it is specifically hardware related. up until this point i felt it was an issue with floops and my delta not sitting well together. you dont use floops right?
Majority problems were stuck notes and drifting sync. Mostly the stuck notes were causing a problem.

Not in floops, but in Reason, Live, and Cubase SX i was seeing these problems.
Old 20.02.2005, 11:17 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74
Quote:
Chinard wrote:
All sarcasm aside, that's some introspective shit Chinard.

It is totally possible for us to buy a MID/audio interface that in reality DOESN'T process MIDI well!!!

DAMNIT!!!
Sorry, man..

I dont make the hardware.
I'm just offering what ive been noticing with these products.

If you look back even soundblaster has this problem. I've never had the onboard midi on a soundblaster behave.
It just seems as though either they get the midi right or the audio right, but for some reason never both at the same time.

What gives?