Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.11.2011, 03:41 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Does the TI2 fix any of the sync problems?

I have a Snow and when I use it in both Live and Logic it will freak out every once in a while and completely lose sync. Sometimes it even speeds up and slows down - I don't get the noise bursts, but the unpredictable syncing is driving me nuts!

I've debated selling the Snow and getting a TI2 desktop. Does anyone know if some of the erratic behavior is more stable with the TI2 vs the TI / Snow?
Old 04.11.2011, 06:01 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Its a controversial topic here, and you might get different answers, but my synopsis is the Virus is rocking hardware that has a poor emphasis on software integration.

What I don't know at this point is how much of that is really poor software engineering or USB related issues. I dumped my Ti2 desktop due to DAW integration issues, and I still want one of these synths but I keep waiting to hear some hardware announcement like full USB 2.0 support or maybe Thunderbolt support (which my Mac has but my PC doesn't, currently), but I need to either hear a major hardware announcement or at least user feedback indicating something has changed, because in the meantime the same old sync/latency issues get tiresome and it has put me into a pure softsynth environment with no regrets for the time being.

Missing hardware and wanting a virus though.
Old 04.11.2011, 06:44 AM
Complete Newbie

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I was afraid that's what the answer would be...

It's a shame, nothing, and I mean nothing at all sounds like the virus - it's such an amazing synth and literally the only thing that makes me hesitant to spend the money on the ti2 is the fact that I still have the same problems I did when I first bought it - and yet every update Claims to have fixed them - ha! It's sadly just as problematic as the Powercore platform

Cheers ~
Old 04.11.2011, 05:03 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallifax View Post
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I was afraid that's what the answer would be...

It's a shame, nothing, and I mean nothing at all sounds like the virus - it's such an amazing synth and literally the only thing that makes me hesitant to spend the money on the ti2 is the fact that I still have the same problems I did when I first bought it - and yet every update Claims to have fixed them - ha! It's sadly just as problematic as the Powercore platform

Cheers ~
Hi there
as seen here:
http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33053
"• VC: Virus TI Snow Plug-In created uncompensated latency (fixed)
• SE: Arpeggiator Sync better with VC now
• SE: Rotary Speaker gets the signals correctly in Oscillator Split Mode
• SE: Random Generator works correctly now
• SE: Crackling can occur with certain patches (fixed)
• SE: Synced LFO's will run at correct timing, after you change the LFO Clock"

some issues seem to have been fixed (amongst them, snow latency). I can't confirm that, as I don't want to update my TI2 right now (in the middle of a production). I do love the sound and use it on a daily basis, and it's 100% stable (in oldschool midi and analog audio - mode).
There seem to be some improvements by using an USB hub (yes, the manual explicitly tells us NOT to do that, but Access have changed their minds).
Maybe someone who has had those problems and has already updated can shed some light on this matter? I would be happy to hear it finally works flawlessly. Anyone? Please?
Old 07.11.2011, 03:36 PM
Complete Newbie

I did install the newest OS, I had even more problems than before so I rolled back. I don't use a hub and I usually try not to have anything else connected to USB at all.

What kind of computer are you on? I'm on a Quad core i7 Macbook Pro. It seems to run more consistently on my desktop (late 2009 Mac Pro) but I still do have some sync problems at some point during every session.

I have some money saved so I will probably just bite the bullet and buy a used TI2 desktop soon ...
Old 07.11.2011, 08:21 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Sad to hear it didn't work for you.
Try using a hub, that may help (if it is one they support, I have a Belkin).
If you don't need the extra voices, there may be no need in upgrading to a TI2. Better keep your money until Access comes up with a TI3 or Virus Delta or whatever they are working on. They are working on something, aren't they?