Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.05.2011, 06:39 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default [Unsolved] Backing up patches.

Sorry if I'm coming across as rude, I dont meant o be but I am SO bloody frustrated with the TI at the moment... all I want to do is save my hard work so I can move my sounds onto a desktop.

I see all these discussions of midi dump this and that when I don't see the options in my Virus Control for Midi Dumps...

I also dont know if Midi Dumps are how youre meant to back up your patches or if im meant to be doing something else..

So for the benefit of people like me WITHOUT a manual and who cant make head nor tail of the PDF from the access website.... can someone answer these questions?

1) Is the only way of saving your Patches to a file on your PC/Mac to Midi dump them? What is a Midi Dump in reality... Ive never done one. Is this somehow related to temporary multi's or whatever they are.... why do you need them?

2) Is there a way of selecting patches to save in Virus Control/.....

3) HOW DO YOU SAVE YOUR TI'S RAM PATCHES IN CASE YOU LOSE THEM OR YOU WANT TO SHARE THEM OR MOVE THEM TO ANOTHER TI.

4) Why cant I just grab them through Virus Control and well save them?

5) Is it anything to do with that 'Live' Button

6) Am I meant to be in Virus Control at all to try to do this?
Old 09.05.2011, 09:54 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Hey there, don't panic!
Midi is a format standard used in most synthesizers. Originally, it is sent out and received via midi cables (the 3 midi ports on the back of your virus). There are many different midi applications, one being the possibility to record input information like what note you play and how hard you hit it into your sequencer. The other application is to send/receive all data of a sound (or bank) as a packet of data. This is what you will do
Your TI can do this midi via midi ports AND midi via USB.
I reckon you have no midi interface, so we'll stick to midi via usb.
Version A)
If you have your virus TI connected to your DAW and the virus control window is open, you have your "browser". In that browser, choose your ram bank in the upper view and an empty bank (like "my patches") in the lower view. Drag and drop the sounds, done. Save song just in case

Version B) Get a sysex librarian (on my mac I use the "SysExLibrarian" from http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ ). Start it. Do not start your DAW. Set it to record (and set the port to Virus ti). On your virus, send a midi dump, only bank A or bank B (it's in the common menu, as far as I remember, sorry, not at home atm). Dump them, Done. Check if they arrived at the other side.

Version C)
nah, this is too tricky for now, but you can also record sysex data directly as a "song" into your daw, but there are too many factors I don't know like what DAW you are using, which virus version etc.
To push them back to a new virus, drag and drop them back in virus control or send midi data via your sysex librarian.
That should do it.
Hope I could help a little!
Cheers,
barely.

P.S:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical...ital_Interface

read it. 10 minutes to open your mind