Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 16.02.2012, 06:37 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovine View Post
grooveshark.com has lots more artists and songs than spotify, and is fee with no annoying audio ads
But it's also illegal, so...
Old 16.02.2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS View Post
I guess I'm different from most people. I look at others in the street playing with their phones...listning on their iPod...and I just don't get it. What is the appeal listning to crappy compressed audio on a noisy bus/train? Obliterating your ears in the process.

The way forward is high end audio...prefarably turntables and CD. Yeeehaaaw!
Matter of preference and priorisation. The quality of the recording is mainly just a bonus. I like to listen to the music itself: the composition, lyrics, sound design, etc. If I'd stick to only listening to music with high quality equipment, I would have missed lots of great music that's poor in production wise, but total greatness in musical aspect.
Old 13.03.2012, 07:55 PM
Newborn
Newborn

I am a new member here, and a pretty new Virus owner (TI2 desktop). I am an older guy and have a sizable vinyl collection that I accumulated in the 70's and early 80's.

These days I buy CDs primarily, and mostly from Amazon or directly from an artist's web page if not available. I just received Sylvan's recent double CD Sceneries in the mail from Germany. It is available only as an MP3 download from Amazon, and I found out from the band (via Facebook) that they ship internationally from their web store, so that is where I went.

I also download and listen to music by people with common interests that just put their stuff up for free. There is a lot of that happening in the modular synth world, and not just on Soundcloud.

Finally, I listen to internet radio stations such as SomaFM (Space Station Soma, Drone Zone, and Groove Salad primarily, though also Xmas in Frisco during the holidays and some others). I support SomaFM with an annual donation much like many folks support NPR.

Last edited by Gribs : 14.03.2012 at 03:32 PM.