Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.11.2011, 10:38 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI sputtering noise

Two week ago I purchased a new Virus TI Polar Darkstar etc. It sputters out, often. It was expensive. I returned it and got a different one of the same model. It too sputters out uncontrollably. So the question is, have others had this problem? If so, has anyone, ANYONE, had the problem resolved. If not, shall I return it for something else?
Old 16.11.2011, 10:00 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post
Two week ago I purchased a new Virus TI Polar Darkstar etc. It sputters out, often. It was expensive. I returned it and got a different one of the same model. It too sputters out uncontrollably. So the question is, have others had this problem? If so, has anyone, ANYONE, had the problem resolved. If not, shall I return it for something else?
Uncontrolled sputtering of LOUD noise is a well documented problem, just search the problems section. It really depends on what platform/DAW you are running whether its fixed or not.
Old 17.11.2011, 03:18 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Hey there,
you should really see if you can update your OS (you can!), chances are, it is a little older. Then, try using a good USB hub (although the documentation exlpicitly says not to - just try it!). You should also try to setup your DAW and audio interface like stated in the setup guide. How long is your USB cable?
The sputtering stopped the moment I loaded a new firmware onto my TI2.
Good luck!
Old 21.11.2011, 01:17 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Hi. You have the same problem as i have written here?
Old 22.11.2011, 11:18 PM
Very mucho Newbie

I have a similar rig. Similar behaviour when I updated the OS. To be fair I also started using Presonus Studio One2 at the same time. Never had the problem with MIDI ala the MOTU MIDIExpXTUSB and the MPC. Feels like software related stuff. I've not done much trouble shooting. I end up having to reboot the DAW and the Virus. It makes this crazy noise and is then frozen... I forgot there's a panic on the top panel. I'm in the studio tonite and will see if that helps.

http://soundcloud.com/austin_tacious/sikstreyrelik
Old 23.11.2011, 07:18 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Hmm. What did Jörg Hüttner say in his email? (i suppose it's at least one of you asking in the virus.info forums). I'm just curious, because, after some gigs I now have some free time and wanted to finally update my Virus. And I don't want an old problem to reappear
Cheerio,
Barely.
Old 26.11.2011, 11:54 AM
New here
New here

I do not know what Jörg Hüttner said one who started this thread. But Jörg Hüttner said for me - took your device for repair, it had seems a hardware problem. In fact, I bought a Virus in september and it was defective. Now waiting for warranty repairs.