Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.09.2011, 11:04 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Arrow VIRUS C to VIRUS TI

I'm a happy owner of a Virus C and i'm wondering to upgrade to the TI.

I would like to know from experienced users if it's possible to load the C patches into the TI without any difference.

Also would be good for the community to know in which points the C is better than the TI (at least i hope...)

thanks!

Last edited by oscillator : 12.09.2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: error
Old 12.09.2011, 12:48 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
I'm a happy owner of a Virus C and i'm wondering to upgrade to the TI.

I would like to know from experienced users if it's possible to load the C patches into the TI without any difference.

Also would be good for the community to know in which points the C is better than the TI (at least i hope...)

thanks!
You can load all Virus C sounds into the TI without any trouble. They sound exactly the same. I thought they were not, but I was wrong
To my eyes, the design is slighly more pleasing (a little darker), that's all that's better in the C.
Most people, however, need no upgrade from the C to the TI, except you need more polyphony. in my humble opinion, the changes are good, but marginal. I upgraded from a KB to a TI2, which was a greater difference.
There are some nice new effect algorithms, check if you need them and can't add them in your DAW before upgrading.
That said, the TI roxxorz. But you know that already, don't you?
Do you have a Mac or PC? Which DAW? Do you really want to use total integration? Those might be questions you have to ask yourself.
Old 12.09.2011, 02:49 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Ehy Barely! Thanks, very interesting news here...

I got a pc with the awesome Live 8, and i use the ableton effects a lot, so maybe i don't need the virus TI effects...
The total integration is nice but i think i can live without it.

So now i think it's better to spend money for a little analog synth instead of the TI, which should have the difference and the new sound i'm searching for.

The Tetra seems good...
Old 12.09.2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Just a quick rundown of the differences between C and TI:

TI has Hypersaw, Wavetable (inc. Wavetable PWM), Formant and Graintable oscillators, programmable arp, Vowel and Comb filter effects, Arp-to-ModMatrix sequencing, stompbox distortion effects, rotary and cabinet speaker emulation, independent reverb and delay, 6 sources 18 destinations for mod matrix, new distortion, tape delay, freq-shifter, character, ring- & tremelo-mod effects, Virus Control, VST integration, extra poly (allegedly up to 80 for simple voices), Atomizer, larger bank storage and balanced analogue outputs.

Bit of a mouthful.

Wondering if Access will announce new hardware in Winter NAMM (end of January 2012). The TI was originally released in 2004, and the TI2 was a refresh in 2008/9.

The Virus has such a lot of competition sound-wise in terms of soft-synths which sound fantastic and offer mammoth flexibility now, especially as the Virus hardware costs thousands while soft-synths cost a tenth of that. I feel Access need to add extra value to the hardware, new functionality.
Old 12.09.2011, 05:10 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Timo thanks for the information. The TI is very different from the C, but considering the combined use with a Daw like Live we can focus the attention on the possibilities offered by external effects as stompboxes, filters and ableton rack effects.
Old 12.09.2011, 06:18 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Just a quick rundown of the differences between C and TI:
(...).
If you say it like this, the TI2 has indeed a LOT more to offer I just found that, after upgrading from my KB, it didn't feel like 2000 Euro more of sound value
No, I love my TI2, it's one of the best synths ever made. But you made some good points there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
The Virus has such a lot of competition sound-wise in terms of soft-synths which sound fantastic and offer mammoth flexibility now, especially as the Virus hardware costs thousands while soft-synths cost a tenth of that. I feel Access need to add extra value to the hardware, new functionality

But I don't think soft synths are really a threat.
This is why:
I was this short > < to installing MacOS Lion, when I found out that half my software-Synths would not work properly, especially the "old" ones from Korg and Waldorf which I love and use very often. That made me aware again how valuable hardware synths are and why the price tag is so high.
This isn't a new thesis, even Dave Smith said it, and he must know, as he made the first soft synth
Talking of Dave Smith, the Tetra is of course a great machine. But do yourself a favor and check some monosynths as well, Oscillator.
At least Dave Smith MoPho, Evolver, Moog Little Phatty (yummy!), Analogue Solutions Telemark and Leipzig S stuff. They couldn't be any more different Oh, and check out the Waldorf Blofeld, just for cheap and dirty fun
With PC and Live8 you should be on the safe side when it comes to total integration of the TI.
When it comes to extra functionality to the hardware,
I'd be happy if they made all functions editable from the hardware (like arp patterns) and would *cough cough* made total integration usable on Macs and Logic *cough*
Old 15.09.2011, 06:07 PM
Very mucho Newbie

So i just sold my virus classic ( basically a c) and my nord lead anniversary to get a darkstar. Everyone talks about the sound. Yeah theres that. Havent even gotten to atomizer or vocoder yet. So far the best thing about it is the implementation. There are knobs for eq, delay, distortion all on the top panel. Actually, all of the 'deep' stuff is mostly top panel now. I can progreeam fast as hell now with a lot less menuing about. Also saving patches into the multi is huge. I cant tell you how many songs ive screwed up by changing patches around etc.

http://soundcloud.com/austin_tacious/sikstreyrelik
Old 26.09.2011, 02:50 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barely View Post
I'd be happy if they made all functions editable from the hardware (like arp patterns) and would *cough cough* made total integration usable on Macs and Logic *cough*
Could you elaborate a little? I've been using a TI2 with logic flawlessly for over a year...
Old 27.09.2011, 01:48 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_tacious View Post
So i just sold my virus classic ( basically a c) and my nord lead anniversary to get a darkstar. Everyone talks about the sound. Yeah theres that. Havent even gotten to atomizer or vocoder yet. So far the best thing about it is the implementation. There are knobs for eq, delay, distortion all on the top panel. Actually, all of the 'deep' stuff is mostly top panel now. I can progreeam fast as hell now with a lot less menuing about. Also saving patches into the multi is huge. I cant tell you how many songs ive screwed up by changing patches around etc.
For info : Virus Classic is a B.

Peter.