Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 04.07.2002, 09:21 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Progressive rock bank

Pretty silent in this section. Well maybe a new topic will bring it back to life.

I'm working on a progressive rock bank. Mostly classic sounds from Keith Emerson (aka the god in the keyboardists' heaven) and few of my own patches including stunning leslie B3's. If you know any classic sounds from prog rock scene let me know and I'll try to duplicate them. Starting to run low on ELP sounds.

By the way is there anybody else out there who plays progressive rock with Virus?
Old 04.01.2004, 12:31 AM
New here
New here

greattttttttttttttt
beautiful idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's my kinda music
try to do some sound from Jens Jhoansson, Kevin Moore, Derek Sherinian...
Old 04.01.2004, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Ancient threads come back to live! *horror choir*

Quote:
greattttttttttttttt
beautiful idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I thought, but as you can see the idea was not-so-good for others.

Quote:
try to do some sound from Jens Jhoansson, Kevin Moore, Derek Sherinian...
Hoho. These are more heavy metal/hero metal keyboardists. I've sold my Virus so I can't do any Virus patches for you, but I can instruct you to make sounds you want. Just mail me a clip and I'll try to get something out of it.
Old 04.01.2004, 01:40 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Great idea! although im not a great progressive rock fan (unless you
consider King Crimzon progressive which im not) but certainly there
is a big collection of classic sounds put to use by this bands.
and from my experience wiyh Juho analyzing me a Pink-floyd sound
you can definitely can trust him to find those sounds (even without
his long gone but soon to be bought again Virus )
Old 04.01.2004, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur
unless you consider King Crimzon progressive
The late 60's and 70's Crimson is progressive rock at its best. In 80's it started to get strange fake-artistic psychedelia and in 90's it became more heavy than rock. Crimson is a very strange band in a way that it has always been changing. The lineup has changed atleast million times and every Crimson record is different. I love the first records and dislike the late productions. I'm a bit conservative prog rocker. Fripp is very innovative guitarist but it seems that the innovation got out of control and resulted as not-so-good art music.

Quote:
but certainly there is a big collection of classic sounds put to use by this bands.
Yes. I'm planning to start creating these classic sounds again on my Nord Modular. A bit easier task with that one than with Virus. For example some of Emerson's Moog Modular patches are really nasty to recreate properly on Virus, especially when there's complex filter routings used. For example the Hoedown intro fx patch (which is my dearest child) and two Tarkus patches in my Virus sound set are outcome of hours of listen & tweak.

Quote:
and from my experience wiyh Juho analyzing me a Pink-floyd sound you can definitely can trust him to find those sounds (even without his long gone but soon to be bought again Virus :lol: )
Well, that sound was so simple that it wasn't wery difficult to get right. Usually all Minimoog patches are magnificent examples of simplicity combined with great sound. There's two instruments on earth that fit in any kind of music: First one is Hammond B3 and second one is Minimoog.

I'll buy a Virus keyboard again when I can afford it. Probably will get a kD or Plague. Hoho.
Old 04.01.2004, 01:17 PM
Pro
Pro

I do know a Prog Rock band that did some recording in Malmo. They're called Parrallel or 90 Degrees (PO90) and supported The Flower Kings about a year ago. Their influences are early "Genesis" and "Yes" and "Van De Graaf"and they use a Supernova 2 as the main source of prog rock sounds, they're very fond of it.
Old 04.01.2004, 01:25 PM
Administrator

The Flower Kings... I've never "learned" to like these new prog bands. It seems that nowadays most of the bands who claim to be progressive rock are either metal or basic rock with synths and finding new "loyal" prog bands is almost impossible. Well, maybe I'll just put up a band of my own.
Old 04.01.2004, 02:57 PM

Good idea Juho

*However, plz dont make too many organ sounds hehe

You are a good programmer Juho....I respect that.

DS
Old 04.01.2004, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Good idea Juho :D
Indeed!

Quote:
*However, plz dont make too many organ sounds hehe
B4 is th eultimate hammond source, but I thought to make hammond patch on my Modular just to see how good hammond I can get with it.

Quote:
You are a good programmer Juho....I respect that.
Of course. But you should respect me anyway because I'm the moderator here and I have power to edit your messages.
Old 04.01.2004, 05:15 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L

Yes. I'm planning to start creating these classic sounds again on my Nord Modular. A bit easier task with that one than with Virus. For example some of Emerson's Moog Modular patches are really nasty to recreate properly on Virus, especially when there's complex filter routings used. For example the Hoedown intro fx patch (which is my dearest child) and two Tarkus patches in my Virus sound set are outcome of hours of listen & tweak.
Didn't know you finally got the Nord Modular,congratulations bro.