Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.02.2009, 05:54 PM
New here
New here

Default Clipping on the TI when used as an Audio Interface (Mac)

Hello!

I am rocking the TI Polar at home and the TI snow at work. I've been through a number of problems but non this annoying yet....

I am trying to use the Snow as my main audio interface for a Macbook Pro. With either OS 2.7.5 or with the 3.0.0 Beta, I find that both Quicktime and Logic clip the outputs on the Snow. When playing a commercial track in Quicktime, on transients I hear pops/clicks. When I turn the volume down in quicktime just slightly, this goes away. This problem doesn't happen at all in iTunes but does in Logic.

The other awesome thing is that Flash based videos don't play back correctly with the Snow as an interface. The video is all choppy but the audio plays back fine....?

Can I also add in that I had the Snow directly hooked up to monitor speakers when it crashed, letting out an insanely loud tone which nearly errased my brain. I reached for the volume knob and then quickly figured out that it's not an analog volume control, so any movemnet wasn't affect the output volume. ROCK!

Anyone else have these awesome problems?
Old 27.02.2009, 02:13 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I have found the best results letting the TI just be a synth and use my MOTU Traveler to handle soundcard duties. I do use the TI as a soundcard when I am traveling, but I would not use it everyday as a soundcard at all.

I have much more flexibility this way, and my TI setup with Logic and Live performs REALLY well.
Old 27.02.2009, 05:21 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
I have found the best results letting the TI just be a synth and use my MOTU Traveler to handle soundcard duties. I do use the TI as a soundcard when I am traveling, but I would not use it everyday as a soundcard at all.

I have much more flexibility this way, and my TI setup with Logic and Live performs REALLY well.
I couldn't agree more. At home I use the Polar with an RME Fireface, and that setup works perfectly fine. Though at work, I need the TI Snow to be used as my main audio/midi interface. The goal was to have as simple of a setup as possible.