Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.04.2009, 11:50 PM
New here
New here

Default diff. RAM slots for storing multis in TI?

Hi to everyone, new poster here so please bare with me

so, right in the middle: currently I am driving my virusTI(3.0.1.6) with a hardware sequencer (MD SPS1) in MULTI mode and I like the way this collaboration goes but have a little confusion in terms of storing my MULTIs on RAM of the virus. I have opened a random RAM# 111 and changed/tweaked parts after my taste and made a nice STORE. when I turned back here after some time (and programming other multis) I noticed that all my custom patches were disconsidered and everything went to default! wow! OK, after some experiment (and reading the rather negligent virusTI manual - at least in this topic) I noted when storing to MULTI RAM 0-16 slots any changes to my individual parts (stored also as single RAM or ROM) contained in the multi ARE saved with the Multi unlike when storing on RAM 17-127 slots. If I am still correct till here (and pls tell me if I missed someting) would that mean that I need to shape and store my patches in single mode first and than import them into multis on RAM 17-127 that I can be sure I wont loose anymore changes? Is RAM 17-127 referencing the actual singles contained as parts so if changes made to the singles it will affect the way the multi sounds?

sorry guys, I couldn't find posts on this and now my head is twisted

Thanks for help!
Old 04.04.2009, 07:06 PM
New here
New here

You already found the solution to your problem yourself: Only the first 16 multis are "self contained" and store all the parameters of the individual patches in the multi itself. All other multis only call the individual patches, so if you're in doubt, better safe your sounds to single patches. You can store single sounds directly from the save-menu of multi-mode, so this shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Happy editing!

Cheers

Gerald
Old 04.04.2009, 11:15 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for this Gerard, you are right I was kind of guessing but just did not make sense to me as TI manual does not mention "store-in-one" only goes for the fist 16. but all is clear now! Tamas