Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.06.2006, 06:21 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default virus c vs ti sound

I've got another TI at home on a trial basis to see if the 1.1 update fixes the problems I was having with the last one. So far it's been pretty much trouble-free as a standalone midi synth, although I haven't really pushed it very hard yet.

I've been working with a Virus C in the meantime and really enjoying it - a great sounding synth, particularly for the sounds the Virus does so well. Anyway, I've copied my C patches over and started working on some tracks in progress with the TI instead of the C and it seems crazy but something seems to be missing in the sound. I know the code is the same and if anything the TI should sound better but something subtle seems to be missing. It's partly that the TI's outputs aren't as hot and boosting the levels up helps but still...

It's got to just be placebo, right?
Old 29.06.2006, 08:27 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

I am silly with my virus c, i returned my ti before 60 day trial since it was buggy and there was no word onn 1.1. I have never looked back with regret.

The c is an awsome piece of gear

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 30.06.2006, 01:29 AM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: virus c vs ti sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniklo
I've been working with a Virus C in the meantime and really enjoying it - a great sounding synth, particularly for the sounds the Virus does so well. Anyway, I've copied my C patches over and started working on some tracks in progress with the TI instead of the C and it seems crazy but something seems to be missing in the sound. I know the code is the same and if anything the TI should sound better but something subtle seems to be missing. It's partly that the TI's outputs aren't as hot and boosting the levels up helps but still...

It's got to just be placebo, right?
pretty much, though the soft limiter might effect the sound in the TI. Otherwise the way the patches are programmed in the dsp will be exactly the same between the two with new programming only for the hypersaw and wavetables. I can't see Access recreating the wheel for anything that already existed.

For what it is worth people said the same going from the B to the C (that the C was missing something) this was just placebo as well.
Old 30.06.2006, 05:45 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

All hail the mighty C!!!!!!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 30.06.2006, 07:41 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

see i've never owned a c, and until recently the most high tech synth i've ever owned was the vsynth (which is not that great for it's subtractive stuff, but awesome for sampling) as the virus has always been out of my price range. (virus kc at my local store costing more than the vsynth, that i got for 1000$ off sticker cause it was a NAMM model,and of which im now selling to pay for the virus TI)

i have to say, i LOVE the ti. to tears almost. i came on the scene late, so i avoided all the frustration with it, and it sounds like gold. seriously, all the keyboard guys at the store were so jealous
Old 30.06.2006, 04:42 PM
Infektion taking hold...

After working with it for a few more hours last night I'm thinking it's mostly just a question of loudness. The TI seems a little quieter but sounds great when cranked up to proper volume.

So far no troubles with 1.1 in standalone midi mode. Fingers crossed.