Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.04.2015, 06:16 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Any good tutorials or guides on using the 16 part multitimbral ?

I don't fully understand the 16 part multitimbral section of the Virus TI. It seems to be a big feature, but I don't know exactly what it does or how to fully grasp it and use it. I've tried looking for more information on it, but haven't been able to find a solid tutorial or guide.

Any help would be great!
Old 02.04.2015, 08:59 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Not too difficult but in reality you are not going to get the virus to play 16 parts simultaneously because it will run out of poly before getting anywhere close to 16. Basically a multi is a collection of single patches all grouped together. In a DAW you would set it up something like 1 instance of VC with 6 or so seperate midi tracks each one playing a single part in the multi. They are great for storing all the patches you want to use on a project or for live performance when you want to use different patches for different songs & have them all in one place. I'm pretty sure there's a section about it in the manual.
Old 02.04.2015, 09:31 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallward View Post
I don't fully understand the 16 part multitimbral section of the Virus TI. It seems to be a big feature, but I don't know exactly what it does or how to fully grasp it and use it. I've tried looking for more information on it, but haven't been able to find a solid tutorial or guide.

Any help would be great!

If you click the question mark in the lower right of the plugin, that's the starting point to the documentation. You can find a tutorial there for dealing with multi-timbrality in FL specifically and most other Virus related questions.

Berni's right -- you won't generally get 16 full sounds going at once due to note dropping, but you might want to have many of them loaded even if they aren't used simultaneously, because for example one part of the track might use some of the sounds and another part of the track may use others. Or it's helpful just to have several loaded so they can be bounced (or re-bounced) easily. Since you can't just load multiple instances of the Virus plugin, its nice to have one sound per MIDI channel just because you won't want to constantly swap one at a time in an out of a plugin. Also sometimes you might have one sound that's really three layered sounds, something like a pad that has some percussive movement in it that in itself doesn't eat up a lot of DSP.

I don't know if bouncing is still handled the same way it used to be in FL, I haven't kept up with version improvements but I always found it inconvenient in FL because the MIDI channel is treated like the instrument, but a mixer track is kind of treated as a completely separate entity. It's all the same thing in any DAW but the way Cubase presents it is more logical, IMO and easier to keep track of what's what.
Old 05.04.2015, 12:18 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Okay so I'm beginning to understand the concept behind it a lot more now but the problem is only 1 channel works in FL Studio.

Whenever I assign a new preset to channel 2, no audio comes out of it.
Old 05.04.2015, 12:36 AM

Been too long since I tried it in FLStudio. Maybe you don't have each part on the Virus assigned to a MIDI channel?

There are plenty of Virus owners on the IL forums, I would look there for FLS+Virus specifics first, because to my knowledge I may be one of the only FLS users that actively check this forums, and it's been a while since I spent any amount of time in FL.
Old 05.04.2015, 01:32 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks I'm going to visit some FL Studio forums to see if I can get some answers.