Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.12.2012, 01:34 AM
New here
New here

Default how to load free sound sets into Polar TI

hi everyone, i just got the polar TI used on Ebay without any documents, i upgraded it to the newest OS ( beta version), but i do not how to load the free sound set i got from Access Music website into my Polar, so i really need your help, thank you in advance.
Tony

Last edited by tonykey : 05.12.2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05.12.2012, 04:45 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

you need to put the .mid file into your VC users file.
Old 05.12.2012, 05:00 AM
New here
New here

thank you so much, but how can i locate the vc users file ?, i only see the Virus control center in access music folder.
Old 05.12.2012, 06:00 AM
Pro
Pro

On Access website, they have free downloads in pdf of any documentation and then it's pretty easy once you have saved that pdf in your computer to use keyword searches within it, as each time you hit enter it will jump to next instance what you are looking for within document.
It's beyond me why so many people sell instruments without theoriginal paper manual (if it was not only on a cd), but then most probably, other musicians are not as anal retentive as I am either. I have a good number of manuas I need to yet three-hole punch that have printed out from the pdf that need to go into binders. I know this sis not answer your question directly but noteveryone knows that you have to select "discontinued products" on website to find all these downloads either, so am kindly pointing the way.
Old 05.12.2012, 11:38 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykey View Post
thank you so much, but how can i locate the vc users file ?, i only see the Virus control center in access music folder.
On the mac...Library/application support/access music/virus ti/patches. Just put the .mid file in there & it will show up in the ti browser the next time you boot it.
On windows I have no idea.
Old 06.12.2012, 03:16 AM
New here
New here

i do not have Mac computer, so what should i do? This is my first Virus, I love all the sounds, but i need more, thank you all for helping me.
Old 06.12.2012, 05:40 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
i do not have Mac computer, so what should i do? This is my first Virus, I love all the sounds, but i need more, thank you all for helping me.
try searching for the access music file or figure out where window puts application support files.
Old 07.12.2012, 01:12 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
For future downloads with Windows, just so I remain in control of where things go for file management whenever downloading anything, you can right click on either "Download" icon or is *should* come-up in lower tool bar asking if you want to save/view/or save AND view or SAVE AS...so then you could for instance have a dedicated folder set-up in Documents called "DOWNLOADED SAMPLES" .
Windows, by default, will most probably have placed your file in either "Downloads" or alphabetically within "My Documents", both of which on WIN 7 is within "My Documents". Hope this helps.
Old 07.12.2012, 05:30 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
For future downloads with Windows, just so I remain in control of where things go for file management whenever downloading anything, you can right click on either "Download" icon or is *should* come-up in lower tool bar asking if you want to save/view/or save AND view or SAVE AS...so then you could for instance have a dedicated folder set-up in Documents called "DOWNLOADED SAMPLES" .
Windows, by default, will most probably have placed your file in either "Downloads" or alphabetically within "My Documents", both of which on WIN 7 is within "My Documents". Hope this helps.
This file is generated when you install the TI software & is not in the download.
Old 07.12.2012, 10:14 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
This file is generated when you install the TI software & is not in the download.
Regardless, I was trying to help in that this is way Windows PC manages files and by your own post you had no idea regarding a PC. Could it not have been helpful if that indeed was where Windows "decided" to logically place the file for the original post to drag and drop where it's supposed to go?