Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 10.10.2012, 08:32 PM
New here
New here

Question Help with compatible z75/z77 motherboards please!

Hi everyone, first post here!

I've had a Virus Ti2 for a year and a half or so and it's been a love/hate relationship which i'm sure most of you can relate to!

Anyway, i'm just about to build a new PC but was wondering whether anyone could advise me based on their current set ups, because I would hate to build a monster PC only to have my Virus explode (or do nothing) when I connect it.

I'm going for an Ivybridge i7 3770k and need to pick a motherboard. I'd like to get the z75 or z77 chipset for the future possibility of overclocking. Does anyone use a z75/77 motherboard and if so what are your experiences? Does your Virus work ok and did you have to do anything crazy to get it working?

I'll also be using an Echo Gina 3g and will be using windows 7 64 bit on a Samsung 830 128gb SSD, with 3 HDDs for samples/projects/storage etc. Prob use onboard graphics for now but will upgrade to something better in a couple of months.

Thanks in advance!

Peter
Old 14.10.2012, 08:36 PM
New here
New here

Hmm, no one is using a Z77 board? Nevermind, I guess i'll just get an Asus P8Z77-V LX and see what happens then...
Old 14.10.2012, 11:44 PM
New here
New here

Sorry have not used those boards before. But I would recommend using a PCI USB card. I am currently using this one with my Virus TI MK 1 61 Key and am having great luck with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815104216
Old 04.01.2013, 03:52 PM
New here
New here

Sorry towhom, i didn't see your post before. For anyone interested, i can confirm that the virus works at least as well as it did before upgrading on my new Asus P8Z77-V LX.
Old 04.01.2013, 05:49 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguru View Post
Hi everyone, first post here!

I've had a Virus Ti2 for a year and a half or so and it's been a love/hate relationship which i'm sure most of you can relate to!
Sorry to chime in and bring a DAW question to a motherboard discussion, but can I ask which host you're using?