Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 09.07.2009, 05:23 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Hey there fellow Infekted musos - anyone old enough to remember the tracker days?

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (actually it's been a while since i've been around) but now i intend to contribute to this lovely site.

Am hooked on my Virus TI snow, i absolutely love the new OS 3.0 - and am now venturing into the deep waters of sound design. Well, trying to atleast, hence my appearance here. Hope to help others, and to receive help in return.

Have been making music for over 10 years now - starting out with the tracking scene (Impulse tracker)
if you're interested to check out some of my recent production, i've started uploading to soundcloud.com: http://soundcloud.com/mattersounds

Cheers,
Matt
Old 09.07.2009, 11:11 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

oh yes, I've practically grown up with tracker music I'm still running a tracker on my modded game boy. will listen to your stuff when I get home from work. cheers!
Old 10.07.2009, 01:18 AM
This forum member lives here

Welcome! Yep Octamed on the Amiga here - gunna have to re-record those old tracks next time I head back home.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 10.07.2009, 05:58 AM
New here

Sweeet!

Glad i'm not showing my age too much by bringing up the tracker scene. I really was hooked on those bloody dos programs.. It's where the whole music making addiction thing started for me i guess!

Guys - I'd love to hear some of that old tracked stuff Looking back, mine was a tad on the cheesy side, but they have a distinct sound that came from that era... a whole lotta 8-bit pitched up and down samples and funky fast quick production which a lot of note cut offs because you couldn't fit any more channels in ! hah

good times.
Old 10.07.2009, 09:21 AM
Infektion taking hold...

If you take a look at the Calendar on the top, you'll see pretty many of us old enough :P Anyway, I also started with those kinda progs on PC, FastTracker2 was my first experience at age 10 and I will never forget the roots!

We made 100s of shorter-longer 'tracks' that time, it was a very important phase in my skill development
Old 10.07.2009, 01:12 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I used my fathers PC with a tracker called wacker tracker. I build my own soundcard consisting of some resistors. It was a little box with one mono output that had to be connected on the printer port. Called convox I believe.
Later I used fasttracker and octamed.
Old 10.07.2009, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Chip music ftw.

For me it was the same as Hollow, MED and then OctaMED for the Amiga.

For the best modern, actively-developed Tracker for PC ever, check out Renoise: www.renoise.com
Old 16.07.2009, 05:04 AM
New here

Whoa - that actually looks like it's worth giving it a go! Nostalgia sets in when i see that vertical scrolling pattern screen!... ahh i miss it. Might give Renoise a run.

Interface looks pretty cool too - like Ableton in some respects.

I wonder if it handles vsts?
Old 16.07.2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by overacid View Post
I wonder if it handles vsts?
Full VST plugins/instruments and MIDI implementation, and everything in between. It's just as modern as other sequencers. such as Cubase etc., it's bang up to date with modern technology. The developers are very active on it.