Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.08.2016, 10:24 AM
New here
New here

Default sound behaves different when used in a multi

Hi all: I got back my baby, a wonderful TI2 after staying apart for too many years ^_^

I'm not a synthesis guru, but definitely not new to that either: I'm experiencing something I can't still figure out and I wonder if somebody here may help.

For my band I've programmed some sounds and for a specific song a couple of those are arranged in a multi, split-layered, playing on the same midi ch.

one of the two (essentially an efx) has a very long decay: it plays out correctly when played as a single, but when played in that multi the decay shortens quite a lot and the sound in general behaves very differently. I'm attaching a recording: first sound played is when it is used as a single, second one is the same sound playing within the multi.

I've been diggling again and again into the multi edit pages, but with no substantial result: any idea?

thanks in advance ^_^
Attached Files
File Type: zip sound test.m4a.zip (89.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07.08.2016, 02:37 PM
New here
New here

Oh well I Found solution myself : just assigned a different sound to the same slot, re assigned the old one and now it works: so lesson learned, virus does not change the sound in a multi if you modify the original single AFTER creating the multi ^_^
Old 07.08.2016, 06:14 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkpictures View Post
Oh well I Found solution myself : just assigned a different sound to the same slot, re assigned the old one and now it works: so lesson learned, virus does not change the sound in a multi if you modify the original single AFTER creating the multi ^_^
From the Virus Ti Quickstart manual:

"The Virus TI has 128 slots for storing your Multi set-ups. The rst 16 (0-15) of these are ‘embedded’ Multis, by which we mean that they store all the data for the patches they use, so any edits you make to the sounds are automatically preserved when you store the Multi, so you need never worry about breaking a preset. Multis numbered 16 and upwards do not store the individual patch data, but instead refer to patches stored in the Single RAM/ROM banks."
Old 08.08.2016, 06:55 AM
New here
New here

thanks! definitely fundamental to know ^_^