Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 11.02.2008, 11:43 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Smile My wife just bought me a Moog Voyager

Came home from work today, did the usual routine of going in to the studio/computer room to check my email and maybe do a bit of music and where the virus normally is was a big moog voyager sitting there with a ribbon on it!!! I think i jumped about 1 meter out of shock and soiled myself just a little Still not quite sure how she knew, but im very thankful at any rate its probably the best present ill ever get in my life

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on cool things to do with it, programming tricks, etc. Im particularly interested in doing some weird stuff with CV modulation, but not really sure where to start and what some cheap modulation sources are (or if i have anything i could use allready [have a ti and a pc]).

thanks in advance
have a nice day
-Dan
Old 11.02.2008, 12:53 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via Skype™ to flipside

...Wow! Congratulations Both on the wife and the synth! I do however not have a Voyager myself, so I have little to offer there. Do however doubt that you can use the TI for CV-stuff.. But I would think you have most of the parameters of the Voyager available for modulation over midi as well?

Best,
Alex
Old 11.02.2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

That is a seriously cool missus you have there, Dan!
Old 12.02.2008, 07:50 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

That´s a nice wife you have there For CV modulation you can get a MIDI to CV/Gate converter. I have a Doepfer MCV4 MIDI to CV/Gate converter (for my SH-101 and my DIY synth) and that works fine. Here´s links to Doepfer: http://www.doepfer.de and Kenton: http://www.kentonuk.com/ that also makes MIDI to CV/Gate converters...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 12.02.2008, 11:48 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
...Wow! Congratulations Both on the wife and the synth! I do however not have a Voyager myself, so I have little to offer there. Do however doubt that you can use the TI for CV-stuff.. But I would think you have most of the parameters of the Voyager available for modulation over midi as well?

Best,
Alex

good point, yes i do believe you can control a great deal of it via CC messages, does it work out the same in terms of what you can normally do? or is CV more versatile?

thanks for the info again, you've been a great help.
-Dan
ps. the voyager sounds SO stupidly good, i guess its a bit more limited than the virusTI in the types of sounds it makes, but what it does it does very well quirky, fat, warm goodness.
Old 12.02.2008, 11:50 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel View Post
That´s a nice wife you have there For CV modulation you can get a MIDI to CV/Gate converter. I have a Doepfer MCV4 MIDI to CV/Gate converter (for my SH-101 and my DIY synth) and that works fine. Here´s links to Doepfer: http://www.doepfer.de and Kenton: http://www.kentonuk.com/ that also makes MIDI to CV/Gate converters...
Thanks mate, thats most helpful information as flipside pointed out above i might not need it after all, but its handy to know such things exist

anyone know a good vst arp that can spit out midi CC's and not data..could be a ableton rack or logic au plug or even stand alone.?

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 13.02.2008, 08:03 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

My wife would NEVER buy me a Voyager, not because she wouldn't want me to have such a wonderful instrument, but because she would never see me again.
Old 14.02.2008, 02:15 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Just an update, after spending all night looking for a nice arp/seq/cc modulation source i found a nice program for OSX called 'numerology', check it out.

-Dan
Old 14.02.2008, 03:45 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Dan, please, please for the love of all things sacred have your wife call my wife!

Congrats Bro, that's a seriously nice piece of kit and a wonderful gift.

Post a sample or two if you get a chance. It would be interesting (to me anyway) to hear a long Ti filter sweep Vs. on from your new Moog....

I did an A/B comparison of a resonator patch on my KC and my Motif ES Rack a few years ago and the KC blew the ES out of the water. I'll bet the Moog's got a bad ass filter.

Cheers!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 26.02.2008, 07:14 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Man that's a great feeling when you know you've got 100% support from your woman.

I had a somewhat similar experience recently. My girlfriend actually won the Virus TI Polar giveaway contest that Nova Musik was having this winter. Instead of selling it, she insisted that I keep it.

Now that's love.