Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.02.2008, 03:03 PM
New here
New here

Default Arpeggiator not working

I have the KB. Bought it used recently, from a reputable dealer, and it works flawlessly - except...

When I brought it home, I immediately upgraded the OS from the Access web site, and it now has 4.9. What's NOT working is the arpeggiator. It's turned on globally and turned on for whatever patch I want, and regardless of various arp settings, no arp plays. What am I missing?
Old 09.02.2008, 10:20 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Do you have it hooked up to a software sequencer?

You can always try the old trick ov doing a software reset. I forget the buttons you need to hold down but I'm sure that someone on the forum can provide you with this information.
Old 09.02.2008, 11:53 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Page 56 of the Virus C User Manual states:

"Reset Function:

...Holding the keys LFO 1 SHAPE while switching the Virus ON performs a system reset. No data will be lost in this procedure, although some global system settings as "Global Channel" will be reset."

I hope this helps on a B.

Cheers,

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 12.02.2008, 08:11 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for the advice. Doing a reset seems to have done the trick.
Old 19.03.2009, 04:47 PM
New here
New here

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd post here since I'm having a similar problem.

I just got a Snow, and so far I'm having a blast with it, except for this one nagging issue. I'm using the Virus Control VST within Sonar on a WinXP PC...latest OS version and all that. Everything works as it should...all the settings change when I move knobs around, etc. and I can hear the results immediately. BUT not on the ARP page. NOTHING works at all on that page, no matter what I do.

I've tried all the obvious stuff...disconnecting, reconnecting, rebooting, doing the "panic button on power-up reset" trick, etc.

Basically, if I go to a patch that has an arpeggiator on already, it works, but nothing changes when I change it in the APR page. For a patch that has the arpeggiator off, trying to turn it on also does nothing.

If I go into the ARP settings on the snow itself, I can confirm that none of the changes are taking effect (unlike every other setting in Virus Control, which all work fine).

Any more ideas out there?
Old 19.03.2009, 07:29 PM
New here
New here

Further point of clarification:

If I change any ARP settings on the Snow itself, I see those changes reflected immediately on the ARP page in Virus Control VST (and I hear the changes, of course). So it works in one direction, just not in the other.