Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.08.2009, 05:22 AM
Am starting to like this forum

May I suggest that Access ALWAYS perform a rollback test before posting a beta version. We do that with our releases to major sites too, before going to production, we test rollback in a staging environment. Code would never be released to production if a rollback was not possible.

This is absolutely essential and must be performed for any release which is made publicy available, whether it be beta, alpha .etc
Old 25.08.2009, 06:25 AM
Pro
Pro

Hi thanks for info wasnt worried about C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Access Music as only got bank details but again will try.

Done a 'exit cold reset' and still persists.

Not too sure how to get the rollback working Im FUNKED>

Soundplace you got the same issue with rollback?

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 25.08.2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
Hi thanks for info wasnt worried about C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Access Music as only got bank details but again will try.

Done a 'exit cold reset' and still persists.

Not too sure how to get the rollback working Im FUNKED>

Soundplace you got the same issue with rollback?
Hey bud, I'm lucky I didn't update yet, but I'll try to assist you guys if I can, I suspect it might be a software issue (instead of a firmware issue) which is preventing you from rolling back. I'm guessing the drivers have left something behind but I'm just not sure. It could very well be that the firmware is also corrupted or something, wish I could be more helpful
Old 25.08.2009, 07:04 AM
New here
New here

So I quess everyone experiencing this problem are using Windows?

I too tasted the bitter fruits of funked install. After sorting it out a while (and among other things, factory reset which means I lost all my live patches neatly arranged in RAM D) I decided to try it on my Mac.

At least for me, Logic 8 and OSX worked like a charm with 3.1.0.0, so I quess this issue is with the Virus software installer of Vista/XP.
Old 25.08.2009, 07:18 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficium View Post
So I quess everyone experiencing this problem are using Windows?

At least for me, Logic 8 and OSX worked like a charm with 3.1.0.0, so I quess this issue is with the Virus software installer of Vista/XP.
Yes, I'm in Windows XPsp3
I do have faith is Access that they will and can solve this (although I'm a little bit paniced!!)

Cheers
Old 25.08.2009, 07:36 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
Yes, I'm in Windows XPsp3
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm also using SP3.

I was a little panicked too when I realized it's not only me. I just did a fresh reinstall of XP on my studio PC and a had a mind set for a nice Ambient groove session. On the other hand I had good time to hone my theremin skills while waiting for replies from Access support and the forum people.

By the way, nothing helpful from access support yet. They're just double checking if I installed the vst .dll to the right location and such. I quess they're running around office, chain smoking and sweating, trying to figure what the hell went wrong
Old 25.08.2009, 07:47 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

When I'm finished working I will try to roll back to 3.0.5. There are many reports that this doesn't work and the problem persists.
There is 1 report on the access forum of succesfully rolling back to 3.0.5 so it can be done i guess

best r
Old 25.08.2009, 07:54 AM

please try the following:

start your vc controll center let it connect->which os is shown on your virus ti display (not vc controll)?? 3.04?

could this be the problem?

anyone tryed to go back to 3.04?
Old 25.08.2009, 07:54 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
When I'm finished working I will try to roll back to 3.0.5. There are many reports that this doesn't work and the problem persists.
There is 1 report on the access forum of succesfully rolling back to 3.0.5 so it can be done i guess

best r
Yeah, I'm simulatneously reading the access forums too I just can't seem to log on there (which really doesn't bother me right now as much as the 3.1 thingie)

I remember reading about someone Exit-power up - forcing the 3.0.5 back in. How exactly is this done? Do I have to edit registry entries and such?

I think I'll go right away to the studio to try this out, if someone there is nice enough to give good instructions.
Old 25.08.2009, 08:04 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Rolling back to a older OS:

*Do a good de-installation of drivers and software (via installed software in Windows)
*Force the Virus in update mode (holding down the exit button while powering up) and run the the older software installer (in this case 3.0.5)
*after completion, remove the power cable for 30 sec.
*start the Virus Ti up while holding down the ARP-edit button (this resets the virus and is always a good thing to do after a update)

This method always worked for me

Good luck