Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.04.2009, 06:11 AM
Pro
Pro

Has the Polar get less processing power then the TI keyboard? I thought it was the same?

I sort of wish I had the TI keyboard just because I wouldnt spend so much time hitting transpose/be able to play better chord shapes on it when writing. But the Polar is dead sexy, definitely one of the coolest synths I've seen... just wish I knew how the hell to use it.
Old 25.04.2009, 06:45 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
But the Polar is dead sexy, definitely one of the coolest synths I've seen...
For now, yes, but in a couple of years you'll be wishing you had those timeless mahogany end bits (TI1, the classic) instead, plus of course the ability to fit both hands on your keyboard so you can play some proper chords
Old 27.04.2009, 04:28 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
That's how i worked before...thousands of VSTs and plugins...but do you really use them to the fullest..??

I noticed that having lots of plugs didn't help my production at all....my best songs are done with just a sampler, bass synth (Studio Electronics ATC) and a MPC2000XL.

Thats why i quitted using the computer for producing and just use it for recording with the basic plugs....i think i lost the overview when you download any plug you can find and try to use it in your song.

Anyways....i think the Virus Polar will be a great choice...and no plugin can beat that...
You are right on this... The "i need to have it all issue" is always taking time from creativity and giving it to the experimentalism. There are always these wasted hours of tweaking and trying and learning a new vst.... What i also recently noticed is that from the loads of the vst i have, i find my self using only a couple of vsts for synths & basses (like Omnisphere and Zebra2)... and 2 vsts for the drums (Ni Battery 3 & Drum Guru). vsts is like being in a clothes store.... You wanna try em all out... but u only finally buy a few...
I think that TI Polar will save me time and make me more focused on music...
Old 27.04.2009, 04:37 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie View Post
For now, yes, but in a couple of years you'll be wishing you had those timeless mahogany end bits (TI1, the classic) instead, plus of course the ability to fit both hands on your keyboard so you can play some proper chords
isnt Polar made with portability in mind? Access made it with portability in mind and they also tried to make it weightless... The TI keyboard is almost impossible to carry with you (no space for it in my little trunk) and weights too much. Ti keyboard is a "just put it and glue it on your studio desk machine" and Polar is "take it with you package".... None is worse than the other, but its a matter of choice anyway. For me Polar is a smarter choice because i can save more space in my studio, take it with me wherever i go, and in near future, if i want to play on full chords, i can always buy a cheap 88keys midi keyboard and hook it up on Polar.... (Just giving a solution for Polar owners).

One way or another, an Access is always an access...
Old 27.04.2009, 07:07 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0undc10ud View Post
isnt Polar made with portability in mind? Access made it with portability in mind and they also tried to make it weightless... The TI keyboard is almost impossible to carry with you (no space for it in my little trunk) and weights too much. Ti keyboard is a "just put it and glue it on your studio desk machine" and Polar is "take it with you package".... None is worse than the other, but its a matter of choice anyway. For me Polar is a smarter choice because i can save more space in my studio, take it with me wherever i go, and in near future, if i want to play on full chords, i can always buy a cheap 88keys midi keyboard and hook it up on Polar.... (Just giving a solution for Polar owners).

One way or another, an Access is always an access...
You're right of course, just kidding. But my TI kb is portable enough. I have a decent hard case for it with fitted foam. A firm lift by those perfectly shaped mahogany grab handles and it's tucked in the case and slid into my Golf. I know this is kind of insane and asking for trouble, but I got the kb to be played to the full and therefore portable it shall be.

Power to the Virus, in whatever incarnation it appears