Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.03.2011, 11:31 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI and computer in sleep mode

Hi,

I have a Virus TI2 and it's connected to my iMac via USB. I use it in Logic 9 and Ableton 8. The problem I have is that the damn thing keeps losing connection to the computer every time the computer goes into sleep mode, if I try to load the plugin after waking the computer it reports no connection and it also loses all functionality as a MIDI controller keyboard.

Is there any help with this? It's well annoying having to turn it off and on every time I leave the room, let alone if the computer goes into sleep after a set time when I'm not around...

Thanks
Old 28.03.2011, 11:53 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Music production and power saving schemes = fail
Old 30.03.2011, 09:55 PM
New here
New here

It's not just about power saving schemes, the Virus loses connectivity if it's not fully turned off before I send the computer to sleep and the particularly annoying thing is that i'm unable to use it as a MIDI controller until I restart the whole computer.

Any other Mac users with this problem at all?
Old 31.03.2011, 09:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I agree that certain bits of gear are annoying when trying to 'sleep' a computer.
My Fireface 800 and my PC don't like sleep time either. Turning on the Fireface after the computer wakes up will crash my computer, and not straight away like a few minutes later like just when your getting into something. :0