Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.05.2009, 09:00 PM
New here
New here

Default Issue: Snow patches changing on their own

I'm having an issue with my Snow and Live 8 where something randomly changes the patch data on the Snow.

For instance, I'll set Bank 1 to use RAM1 4-5, and lets say that patch is named MorphingPad1.

Occasionally when I hit play, something changes that patch to a completely different patch, like Lead1. What is interesting is that it will still show that it is using RAM1 4-5, but with a different patch name. If I change it to RAM1 4-4 and then back to RAM1 4-5, it will momentarily display and play the correct patch (MorphingPad1), but will revert to the other patch (Lead1). I have to reboot to get the correct patch to load. I usually get about an hour out of live before this starts to happen. I reboot, get another hour.

I'm not sure if this is the Snow or Live 8, but something remembers the patches on the snow when I load my Live set. Does anyone know how to turn that off, or what might be causing this issue?
Old 28.05.2009, 09:57 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Does it do it even if you delete any midi tracks that are sending midi to the virus?
Old 29.05.2009, 01:23 PM
New here
New here

Yeah, I'm not going to delete ALL my MIDI clips ... that is not a viable solution.
Old 29.05.2009, 03:17 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Send a message via AIM to DriftaDNB Send a message via MSN to DriftaDNB

I think what he was trying to say was that there might be some midi information in those clips that causes the programs to flick over, maybe... But seeing as you can get an hours worth of use before this starts to happen, I doubt that is the case...
Old 29.05.2009, 06:56 PM
New here
New here

It is not a specific MIDI clip, it's random. It happens with every live pa set and track I have, with HUNDREDS of midi clips, at least 100 each set. So yeah, suffice to say that deleting them is not an option.

After an hour or so (sometimes longer), the patches just start changing on their own. The only additional info I can add is that it usually happens after I stop and start the session. If I leave Live running, it's usually fine.

I own live 8, so it is not an issue of WaReZ doing strange things; and every other app or plug-in on that computer is licensed. The only other plug-ins I would be using ... and not used with the Virus ... are SuperwaveP8, Izotope Trash, and MiniMogue (Free Moog Model D plug-in). I'm nowhere near utilizing even 20% of my processor or RAM either.

It is very strange. Luckily, if I leave it running it is fine; so i'm not crippled ... just annoyed.
Old 29.05.2009, 10:56 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

What you have i think, is a Bank & Program change inserted in the MIDI track. You'll have to find this at the time of patch change and delete this.
Old 02.06.2009, 01:04 PM
New here
New here

I checked each MIDI file for the Virus, and there were no program or bank change settings in any of the the MIDI clips.

So, I reimaged; hopefully that will fix it.