Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 16.06.2006, 03:07 PM
Am starting to like this forum

wow, you are correct. i can confirm that this happens on my TI Polar, 1.1beta also. in fact, all the notes are held indefinitely, even a panic doesnt work.

and btw, i think panic should certainly override everything.
Old 16.06.2006, 05:09 PM
This forum member lives here

will try when i get home, but you should definintely report this to Access if you haven't already done so.
Old 16.06.2006, 05:43 PM

I rang the store where I purchased my TI today, and detailed the issues I have been having using 1.1, in both standalone and USB capacities. They have organised for me to meet with the AUS distributor next week, and it seems they may replace the unit.

Will let you all know how I go..

cheers

Blay
Old 16.06.2006, 06:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
My Ti started to play by it self today!!! Thats freaky! os beta 1.1...
Same here, after a walk with my dog, when I came back the P?lar was playing a arp sound (1.09)

----
Tomorrow 17.06, 5 nice ladies are coming to my studio and sing for fun, have finnished the songs (without using the P?lar), borrowed a AKG A-51 mickrofon, and now I must do some dust cleaning here.
Old 16.06.2006, 09:52 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
My Ti started to play by it self today!!! Thats freaky! os beta 1.1...
Same here, after a walk with my dog, when I came back the P?lar was playing a arp sound (1.09)
Shiit maan, it woke me up to day, no kidding!! Good thing it was an ambient padish wavetable spacy preset, hahah!

Well, I had to wake up by then, or id sleep the whole day, so I was happy!
Old 16.06.2006, 10:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I had the same bug too...
I was preparing lunch when the TI started playing a sound by itself(1.1). It was within Cubase but it was set to STOP.
Old 16.06.2006, 10:36 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I reported to access the bug I have. My TI havn't play by itself so far
Have anyone expierinced flashing all diods (not only the lfo, osc or bpm ) I have it every time I use sequencer mode. It happens from time to time not continously,it looks like virus was turned of and on very fast. Access support claims it is common issue and their r&d is figuring it out . Enyone expirienced this???

cheers

Rudy
Old 16.06.2006, 11:48 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy
Hi guys!

I expirienced strange bug in TI today.

Can you please check if it happens in your viruses as well.

guide:

1. choose which ever preset might be rom or ram library.
2.Turn the arp on and hold on the arp
3.Change the osc 1 or 2 mode to whiche ever hyper saw or classic just turn knob few times

The first note pressed is hanged and cant be hanged out. When I press another on it plays it ok and knobs are responcing to another one. Just first note is hanged 'forever'. The only knob that works is volume and tempo. When I change to multimode it plays with increased tempo as there is higher one. When I press shift + reliese, tempo of hanged arp note is changing normally.
Moreover I can do it multiple times tried 4 so far. When I change a preset I can hang it as well so it works just like multi but cant change the parts :]

cheers

Rudy
Managed to do the same.
Old 17.06.2006, 12:07 PM
New here
New here

Ok, a brand new TI user here, had the synth for just a few days now.

Have posted on another Virus board but may as well post here too.

All this reading scares me :/ , as I really don't want the hassle of returning my unit as well.

Yup, I also find USB unuseable and standalone mode satan saws creep in from time to time.

Running in solo mode on a heavy hypersaw presets, a few little clicks n crackles may creep in over time but they're fairly light.

However switching to multi mode, even just having two presets running simultaneously can start to cause some horrendous sound glitches, as this continues it seems to affect the whole synths stability.

Again this seems to be fairly specific to presets using Hypersaw waves. Anyone else here noticing this, that your problems are much amplified using combinations of those type of presets?

I've submitted my problem to the beta reporting page, fingers crossed they get back to me.

*EDIT* They replied pretty quick!, I've just emailed them back with an mp3 example of the audio issues, lets see what happens next

Arksun
Old 17.06.2006, 10:24 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi, folks!!

Do anyone know what really is the problem with the TI?

I mean, all of my friends and pro producers I know who got the TI (desktop as keyboard version!) got exactly the same problem(s)!!

1. The synth hangs up regularly in standalone mode as well as plugin
mode ( via sequencer).

2. We are all experiencing cracles/pops/ missing notes after using only 4
parts in usb/ plugin mode.

3. We are all also struggling with hiss within the patches when using
reverb and the onboard EQ extensively. This hiss is not present in
standalone operation.

The funny thing is, that this seems to be an obvious problem for trance musicians only!!
All other producers/ friends that make other genres of music seems not to know anything of this particular issue at all, which to me seems logical.
Logical because their patches/ sounds ain't that edgy/ sharp and that harshed EQ processed.
That including extensive use of delay & reverb seems to enhance this problem immensely!!!!! Just try it out for your selves!

Another interesting fact is that trance producers also get cracles/ hangs and missing notes ( problem with attack and release on notes/ missing parts in the song etc) only using 4 parts....
Now why is that I asked myself....

Well, that is quite easy to understand...
We are using the reverb and the delay sections to the most on our patches, also basses got unique and complex delay settings, consuming much power etc, and that's the answer why we can get only 4 parts going flawlessly before the trouble kicks in for full!!

I have also been waiting on this 1.1 release, and have finally tried it out....
Well, nothing much to say, but the same story or tune if you want, just keeps repeating itself....that means cracles and no more than 4 parts in USB mode or trouble is introduced as before.

To be honest I don't actually know what to say or do anymore.
This is tragic, and I just don't believe my synthesizer with control plugin will ever get right, if it ain't gotten any better than this after all these months....
I purched my TI keyboard in November 2005.....Do you see my picture here....trance producers or not..?

What do you fine people suggest I do from here...?
Closed Thread