Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 13.04.2005, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight
Default how do I set-up my KP2 Kaoss Pad as an XY Controller

Hey to all! I got a question... I was under the spell of the Vsynth (though I have yet to own one) and I went out and bought a Kaoss Pad... Ive had it for a while... but I can't figure out how to configure it such that I can use it as an XY controller.

I can get it move the same parameters as the ModWheel... but no matter how hard I try... no matter how much I read the horribly inadequate Kaoss Pad manual... I can't figure out how to program it to send MIDI control messages.

Heres my setup and how I intend to use it - I specify different control parameters to all different controllers... and I want the Kaoss pad to do something different (IE have them be their own independent controllers).

I know that the Virus has different MIDI controllers in the Mod Matrix... like 3, 9, 16... some numbers, I dont remember exactly which (cause Im at work) but anyways, if someone can please explain to me how to set up the Kaoss pad as an XY Controller... Id really appreciate it!

-Blakelight
Old 13.04.2005, 06:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec0...es/qanda.htm#5
Old 14.04.2005, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight

thanks for the info timo... now I can finally use my Kaoss pad as something more functional then a little box that glows and looks cool on my rig!

And out of curiosity, is there anyone else who uses the Kaoss pad live? Id be interested to see how other people players use their pads.

-BlakeLight