Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 23.12.2004, 12:55 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid
Default hear my drunk virus...

im at my wits end about this. i just dont know why this happens and i just cant use my virus. i still havent used it in a song and ive had it for 3 weeks. tech support has not helped. so ill let you hear what my virus sounds like and maybe you can see where im going wrong...

1) this is the most recent song ive been working on. i have provided 2 loops. the first loop is all software using reaktor for the lead. the offbeat bassline is a wav file that was bounced down from vanguard. 160 bpm. FL studio is forcing midi clock. CPU load is about 80%. its at the point where if i add any more, my ASIO drivers crash my PC *HARD*. theres another vanguard in there but i cant enable it because if i do and press play it will crash my PC and make it stutter to death. everything here is in time so this is what it should sound like:

http://fileserv4.soundclick.com/fast...midisynced.mp3

2) this is a preset on my virus playing the exact same notes of the reaktor lead in the first clip. its exactly the same tempo (160 bpm). FL studio is forcing midi clock. this is playing just the lead in the same file i used to sequence the song so the CPU load is exactly the same (about 80%ish)

http://fileserv4.soundclick.com/fast...2virussync.mp3

moving the mouse around makes this worse. i did move the mouse whilst this was playing and it serious fucks up the sound. as you can tell - its quite hard to monitor this. i can play it with the drums and the bassline too if you wanna hear it but it gives you a headache. its even more fucked up than this one.

i really dont know what to do. i cant build multi timbred patches on the virus cuz multi mode is fucked. i cant get my virus to sync properly in any of my songs cuz it sounds fucked. i have a ?400 peice of kit sitting on my desk and i have no use for it. i can build better patches with vanguard. i can layer vanguards to achieve multi timbred patches. it plays in time! i cant do any of this with my virus. can someone please help me? ive sat for hours googling 'fl studio midi sync' and 'fl studio hardware synth' and 'fl studio midi virus.' ive contacted m-audio. i contacted access. ive signed up to about 4 different forums posing this problem. i cant be the only person who gets this? can i?

NOTE: the virus plays back ok when i have 0 cpu load. it actually sounds sort of on time but there is a lag to it so i cant play it layered with the reaktor lead in realtime for example. the higher the cpu load, the more fucked up the virus sounds.
Old 23.12.2004, 07:05 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

1) Update your MIDI interface drivers.
2) Try loading everything into an alternative sequencer -- sounds like flps isn't giving enough priority to processing MIDI tracks.
3) Disable some patches to reduce CPU load and see if it remains.
________
KAWASAKI KX250

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 23.12.2004, 10:54 AM
This forum member lives here

get a Mac...

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 23.12.2004, 03:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I believe the last thing he would like to hear would be comments like "Get a Mac"...Yeah thanks, really useful LOL
Nothing personal jasedee, but at least explain your point!
I don't see why a mac would fix that problem.

Wandering Kid: I've nocited my hardware synths are "missing notes" when the bpm is set high(150&up) when using fruity loops and having a fairly high cpu load.

What you could do:
bounce your whole track to .wav
then run another .flp and add a midi track(or a dashboard, so you can add fx to your synth in realtime). your cpu load shouldnt be much higher than 5%...then you mute the .wav you exported before, and you export the virus part...then you go back to the first .flp, and import the virus wav back in. you can add additional eq and some fx as well so it blends perfectly in the mix

thats what i do!
I have a track layout .flp(thats only the layout, with basic elements)
then i have the fulltrack.flp(thats the whole thing, that cant even be run in realtime lol)
and then i have synths and melodies.flp(these are all my midi parts)

hope that helps
Old 23.12.2004, 04:53 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

I used to get the same problem...the cause of it is a bad MIDI interface. Change your interface for something better and you will see a vast improvement. Also, a new sequencer like Cubase SX would improve things a great deal in comparison to FLStudio as it is not really designed to be used with hardware instruments.

Hope this helps you out.
Old 23.12.2004, 11:12 PM

......and a better sequencer

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 23.12.2004, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
What you could do:
bounce your whole track to .wav
then run another .flp and add a midi track(or a dashboard, so you can add fx to your synth in realtime). your cpu load shouldnt be much higher than 5%...then you mute the .wav you exported before, and you export the virus part...then you go back to the first .flp, and import the virus wav back in. you can add additional eq and some fx as well so it blends perfectly in the mix

thats what i do!
I have a track layout .flp(thats only the layout, with basic elements)
then i have the fulltrack.flp(thats the whole thing, that cant even be run in realtime lol)
and then i have synths and melodies.flp(these are all my midi parts)
Jeez.....thats alot of crap to do just to write tunes!

Maybe you should get a Mac too! I just finished recording a Demo with these dudes, each song a 100+ audio track monster!!!! And I never have problems with my Mac. Rock solid.....When I was using PC it was problem after problem, and my mates that still use PC are often months without it cos they are always f*cked....straight out the box, rock solid performance, no need to buy special bits and compatible mobo's etc...

Old 23.12.2004, 11:32 PM

Hey, don't turn this thread into a PC vs Mac debate too guys. I use a Celeron 800, running Cubase VST32, all hardware Synths and Samplers and I don't get issues - even when making 180bpm DnB. Of course as soon as I start to run plug-ins things start to sloooowww, but as an audio recorder/midi sequencer the thing is rock solid.

I think the trouble in WK's case isn't the machine, but the setup of the machine.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 25.12.2004, 12:06 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

i do already bounce down the stuff from my virus. what you heard is bounced down. in order to get it to not sound fucked up i have to start a new project and import all of the notes and settings. then record it with 0 cpu load. even then there is a lag at the start. thats easily removed. but the problem is, i make alot of minor changes to my instruments when i add and change stuff in the song. so everytime i want to change this lead i have to start a new project and reimport every setting that has been modified then bounce it down again. then put it back into the track. and if it doesnt sit well i have to do it again. it takes ages and it really takes the fun out of writing music.

i heard the m-audio delta range has the broadest compatibility of any soundcard on the market. i sent another email to the m-audio technicians and they replied with the same response! i recon their email tech support is a bot that just churns out automated responses to 'contact their phone tech support.'
Old 25.12.2004, 12:14 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
I used to get the same problem...the cause of it is a bad MIDI interface. Change your interface for something better and you will see a vast improvement. Also, a new sequencer like Cubase SX would improve things a great deal in comparison to FLStudio as it is not really designed to be used with hardware instruments.
my soundcard is an m-audio delta 1010. latest drivers. its not the best but it cost me ?350 and its waaay above most soundcards you can get at least in tech specs. what exactly could i upgrade to? im strapped for cash as it is. i cant afford a presonus firepod. i definitely cant afford a motu 828. i feel i should not really be getting these problems with a ?350 peice of hardware that is touted as having the broadest compatibility of any hardware audio interface.