Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 17.11.2004, 01:23 PM
New here
New here

Default [UNSOLVED] Where to save Patches and Banks

Hi there people! Newbie here. If this is a duplicate, please forgive me. I have searched this forum, the (badly translated) manual and the Access official site but haven't found an answer... so apologies if it's come up before.

My question basically concerns where to save new and edited patches. I have an Access Virus Rack Classic, running through Cubase 4.0 in Mac OS 9, OMS 2.3.7 with a Midiman Midisport 2x2 interface.

I've managed to update my patch banks to the full 1024, organised into banks A-H. I did this six months ago - using Sound Diver, as it happens.

Anyway... in various songs I've used some of these patches. I've used patches from bank A, bank B, and so on through to H - usually a dozen or so patches from each bank. I'd now like to try out some of the other banks that are available on the web. I can get the patches into SoundDiver, but only in banks A & B.

Am I correct in assuming that I can only load patches into my Virus banks A & B? If so, and I want to load a new bank into B, I presume I load the ones I've used into A. This would free up bank B.

If so, and I rewrite bank B with a new bank, is there any way to get the bank from B in the Virus into another bank such as H? This would be so that, at a later date, I could load another bank into B, and so on? Or is it possible to load straight into H, for example - which is my preferred option?

Hope someone can help - thanks in advance, especially if this is a bit of a dumb question...
Old 17.11.2004, 08:59 PM
New here
New here

OK, maybe bad style to respond to your own messages, but after 2 evenings of digging, I think I've found the answer.

I had downloaded a patch update from www.ampfea.org which was suggesting that you could write to banks A and B then STORE TO FLASH, from whence you could overwrite banks C, D, E, F, G and H

However, I now think that STORE TO FLASH is a feature only available in the recent OS updates for other models of the Virus such as the Indigo. I am now assuming that as I have a Rack Classic, I can't use this feature.

So, am I right? And how do people on here store their banks if they can only store to and over write A & B?
Old 17.11.2004, 09:26 PM
This forum member lives here

Hi there!

It is in my limited understanding of the OS, that you can only store sounds in banks A & B. These are RAM banks, where data can be overwritten, and the banks C-H are ROM banks, where you cannot store your sounds....

You can save your banks as MIDI files, so that you would be able to upload them again, if you thought a few days later that you wanted your sounds back......

You also have to remember that if you want to edit sounds from banks C-H, that you have to save them to one of the patch slots in A or B

Im not 100% sure I am correct, maybe someone here can verify.

Cheers,

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 17.11.2004, 09:28 PM

P.S

~Welcome to Planet Virus~

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 18.11.2004, 08:10 AM
New here
New here

Thanks Jase. That's my understanding of how it works too, which was why I was confused when I read elsewhere that you could overwrite A-H.

After some more thought, I guess the way to do it is to save B patches into A, then load new sound sets into B, try them out, save ones I like into A again, then over write B and so on.

Thanks for being so welcoming too...
Old 18.11.2004, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_disco2003
Thanks Jase
No probs.....