Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 14.10.2009, 05:51 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Patch for David Guetta - Sexy Bitch

Felt like sharing this bit of info. Recently was listening to the song:
Sexy Bitch by David Guetta featuring Akon

I wanted to copy the sound used for the lead line but lucky I came across something almost identical.

Check out the patch "Detuned AV"
in my Virus its eROM-A 24

Add some chorus and maybe a little Sub Osc and vuala!

Enjoy!
Old 14.10.2009, 05:56 AM
Pro
Pro

How are your ears holding up after listening to that song? Make sure to give them plenty of bedrest and a nice bowl of soup to recover with.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 14.10.2009, 07:14 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Haha I guess you're not a fan of the new electro-hiphop music scene... No worries, I listened to it at a very low volume.
Old 14.10.2009, 08:15 AM
Pro
Pro

Heh nah just having a laugh... I work as a radio announcer for a commercial network and its one of the songs that really grates on my nerves. I would have thought it was just unabashedly pop/comm dance at any rate.

On a more interesting note, isnt it cool when you hear synth presets from your gear in tunes? I used to own a Roland XV5080, and if anyone here has ever sat through neighbours, there are so many patches used from it its quite unbelievable.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Old 14.10.2009, 11:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I love the tune, everything about it. Infact I spend most my life waiting for these songs to surface. As a dj we get dry patches and struggle with new tunes, then we get ones like this. Fill floors from first play (thats before the radios even played it).

It gets to the point where your kind of thinking just how did I manage to get through a night with out this song.

David guetta delievering 2 must plays this summer and been heavily envolved in another. Not sure any other producer has achieved that.
Old 15.10.2009, 02:33 AM
Pro
Pro

I think the highlight of this track is when he says booty wooty.

Outstanding.

I'm on the flipside - at work, I hope to get through a day without hearing it on rotation. . Little chance. But thats why music is great... some of it appeals to you and some of it doesnt.

I'm not sure why you'd get so many dry patches - theres so much brilliant stuff coming out pretty much non stop. Perhaps your genre choice is a bit uninspired, if David Guetta is someone that gets you excited.

Old 15.10.2009, 03:46 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

oh i feel a cat fight a comin!
Old 15.10.2009, 03:57 AM
Pro
Pro

Sorry, probably shouldnt have been so blunt. Just my opinion.. besides if you listen to my music you can safely disregard my opinion anyway .

Old 16.10.2009, 01:46 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Trust me the music I make is worse. Can totaly understand the on rotation thing been a pain. I've just played the song and new customers come in and request it. Massive arguement follows on how I can't play it again yet, even though I love the tune but they want it now.

I'm quite lucky as a dj though as I play Indie, rnb and dance. The full spectrum.

There is lots of stuff that comes out every week. The lists i'm on gets me listening to naily 20 new tunes a week, most with 6+ versions. Some I will love personaly but I know playing will instantly generate the "whats this sh!t response" untill a few weeks of carefuly timed plays. Then when we get sent gems like this Instantly I know ppl will love it and cant wait to get it on. I hate the fact radio actualy plays this music. It's ment for dancing and bars.

Some songs I have to sit on, not playing till a few more know it, like kasabian fire. Obvious big tune but took some ppl getting use to it. Other tunes I just play and play knowing eventualy everyone will love this purely cheese apeal, Metro station as an example. Few funny eyes at first but sure enough they requestin it the followin week.

Not many Dj's get to play vampire weekend, gossip, artic monkeys, littleboots, veronicas, jet, prodigy, Robin s, Ian carry, dizzy rascal, taio cruz, flo rider etc all in the same night. with any dolly parton, celion dion request been a clear Fup off to another bar. We would rather be completely empty than play that tune. Although on the odd occasion dolly has made the apearrence sipply for a laff. That goes for summer of 69 too. The manager would rather us be closed than have to resort to the same old what every other DJ feels they have to play to get through a GOOD night.

In a town I live riddle in it, it some times can be hard not having to play the same regurgitated sh!t. I would much prefer to play guetta a few times till the next floor filler comes along than be the other Dj's playing the same songs they have repeatedly played for the past 10 years.

Ohh! like a mini story coming on.

I do have another alias though and that is as a bounce DJ (rarely now) why do you think I bought a virus in the first place. COME ON!!! Hyper saw anyone.
Old 22.01.2010, 12:04 PM
New here
New here

Damn, i got so excited reading this yesterday, so i wanted to try it on my Virus Ti.
Of course the patch isnt in my soundbanks!!!!!! Damn
What Virus do you have?
Any chance you could share it?
Love that bass sound, if that's what you mean with "leadsound".
Or if you can write down the settings here, so i can re-do it.
I can do something similar like this three pulses,
osc 1 : semi: -24 osc2: semi: -5 osc3: semi: -12
and then adding the sub osc, gives a similar sound, but not so close to the orginal, so if your patch is better would be really fun to have it, or the settings

Last edited by reaper1984 : 22.01.2010 at 01:23 PM.