Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 04.09.2003, 05:24 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Ideal cubase settings for MIDI

I am starting to think my cubase midi settings might be wrong. I have been recording an arp from my synth and it sounds great when I play it live and record it but when I play it back it sounds nothing like it did. It could be the snap settings or something like that I think although I don't think that happens automatically.

How do you think I should be setting my cubase properties, I use mostly midi, very very little audio just for some vocal samples, and the occasional looped beat. How should I set my sync up?

Cheers
Old 05.09.2003, 06:14 AM
New here
New here

same problem here....

a quick fix is, to change the arp speed in the virus menu. 1/16 is 1/4 or vv. strange thing.... the virus seems to speed up everything.
then store the new settings...

don?t know if its a cubase-virus sync problem ... IMO it started when i updated the virus os... some time ago.
Old 05.09.2003, 01:42 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I think my problem is more of a generic problem it's when I am using the jp8000 keyboard to controll the virus there seems there might be some delay between me pressing keys and what cubase records. I'm not sure though I will need to fiddle about with it a bit. Someone did post up a while ago what they thought the syncronisation section should be configured as. As usual can't find it now.
Old 07.09.2003, 04:41 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Um, the auto-quantize feature is probably what is screwing you up. On the transport panel, be sure that the [AQ] button is not lit up during recording....

Dealing w/ MIDI in Cubase is also semi-notorious, because depending on what audio/MIDI interface(s) you are using, Cubase can get really fussy about the driver. I have heard about LOTS of people who have problems w/ Cubase recording MIDI too early. This problem has been discussed at length on the Cubase forum (www.cubase.net, if I'm remembering correctly)

Hope this helps-