Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.06.2005, 11:11 AM
New here
New here

Default problems with busses and cubase

I'm trying to set up a bus to use, so that I can record my Virus into cubase into an audio track.

So at the top of the audio track i've selected the Echo I/O bus ( renamed to Virus-In Bus )... and the sound does come in through that bus. But NOT onto the audio track. I want to be able to record and add FX etc to the sounds of the virus.

My mixer looks like this...I want to set up Audio Track 1 to use the Virus-In Bus.... I can select it, but there's no sound coming through. It's just coming through the main Virus-In Bus and not the Audio Track 1 Bus.

[ Virus-In Bus ] ||| [ Midi Track 1 ] [ Midi Track 2 ] [ Audio Track 1 ] [ Audio Track 2 ]

I only have one input into the computer with the echo, would cubase be hogging that for general use?

SOFTWARE
* Cubase SX2.2
* VSTi - Vanguard, Minimonsta
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* Toshiba P4 2.8 Laptop / 1 GB Ram
* Virus A
* Echo Indigo I/O 24 bit 96 khz
Old 16.06.2005, 11:40 AM
This forum member lives here

Hmmmmm........I believe this is all cool.

When you set up to record. hit record ready on the track u want to record on, and then monitor from the Input channel.

Think of it like this. You have an inline recording console, with the mics connected to the input channel, then going direct out to the multi-tracker, and the multi-track return into your monitor faders.

Have you tried actually recording, or were you too worried about not having any signal on your channel faders?

anyways, hope I havent confused you, I think I have confused myself. But yeah, sounds like all is normal

Edit: I just thought of something else. You need to SOLO both the MIDI channel AND the Audio channel. Hit record ready on the audio channel. but DONT have it highlighted. Then HIGHLIGHT the MIDI channel, but DONT have it's record ready button pressed.

Then hit record, and bobs your uncle!

Make sense?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 16.06.2005, 12:24 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I believe Monitor is the issue here.

As Jase said you need to monitor the audio track. There should be a speaker symbol on the main page of the audio track inspector.

Make sure it is orange.

Then you should be able to hear the Virus - you may need to Mute the monitoring of the input channels on your soundcard - I do with my RME but I haven't had an Echo so cannot be too sure. If you do this is done outside of Cubase.

If you do have to amend the mute on the soundcard then you will probably have to toggle the "ASIO Direct Monitoring" on (or off depending on above).

Hope this helps.

Drammy
Old 16.06.2005, 01:11 PM
New here
New here

I can hear the virus on the main input bus, just not on the audio track. Note that I have selected the virus-in as the bus input on the top of the audio track, but get no meter reading or response.

The question is, if sound is coming in via the main virus-in input bus and I can hear it... what audio track is it using?
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* Toshiba A70 P4 2.8 Laptop / 1 GB Ram
* EMU 1616m
* Doepfer Modular
* Focusrite Mixmaster
* Focusrite Voicemaster
Old 16.06.2005, 03:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

does the echo has a software mixer/router?
sounds like routing is set to go directly to the main out.
Old 16.06.2005, 03:39 PM
New here
New here

Yes, it has Analog In (R/ L ). This is where the virus sound would come in.

Then Virtual Out..... 4 stereo pairs.
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* EMU 1616m
* Doepfer Modular
* Focusrite Mixmaster
* Focusrite Voicemaster
Old 16.06.2005, 08:38 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Well you need to set up a stereo audio track in Cubase and in the inspector choose the input to be the input which you are receiving a signal from the Virus.

Check the output is going to the stereo out.

Then check monitoring is turned on and all should be fine...
Old 16.06.2005, 08:56 PM
Pro
Pro

1) make sure the midi track that you can hear the Virus on is using the same input as the audio track that you want it to go to. If you don't have the option to make it the same in the audio track pull down menu go to VST inputs and activate the one you want - then it should appear in the pull down menu.

2) In the audio track click the speaker symbol which is next to the mute button.

3) Go to the VST multitrack option in the toolbar menus and make sure Direct monitor is UNCHECKED.

4) You should now be able to play the Virus from the MIDI track and be able to see the graphic display in the audio track mirror it. You can now add effects to the audio track - but be prepared for a bit of latency (depending on your soundcard).
Old 17.06.2005, 07:26 AM

Since you can hear the Virus in the Input Buss....all you need to do is press "record ready" on whichever audio track you have, then press RECORD.

Have you actually tried pressing record? what happens???

Everything sound normal to me. you are getting signal to the input buss, you can hear it, just hit record, making sure that you have an audio track which is in record ready mode, whose input is the same as the Input buss

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 17.06.2005, 08:26 AM
New here
New here

Hey guys, I got it all working now. Monitoring, recording, etc...

With the Echo I/O, I had to create another OUTPUT bus ( on one of the Echos (4) virtual stereo outs ) and route the virus into that.

Thanks for all your help
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* EMU 1616m
* Doepfer Modular
* Focusrite Mixmaster
* Focusrite Voicemaster