Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.03.2005, 08:06 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Please someone help before I lose it and sell my virus

yes Im still trying to figure it out and no I havent gotten anywhere. Im trying to do and arrangement dump. My understanding from reading the manual many times and instructions from people on this site is that when I do an midi tx arrangement dump in multi mode I am sending addresses of singles involved aswell as any parameters and effects I have edited on my 16 parts. So it would make sense to me that I may then use the same multi or different multi with different sounds and again edit some parameters etc and then when I reload my sequencer later and press play that the original multi I was working on should be restored with the original addresses and edits I performed. Well it does not do this it just stays as is with whatever I have been doing.
I do not have any filter on in my sequencer. I followed the instructions given. I set up midi channel one track 17 on my sequencer. I create room before song to perform dump. I set multi tx arrangement dump on virus. I press play and record on sequencer and store on virus. Dump completes successfully. Please if there is someone out there that can help me before I give up and sell this thing because Ive had it for nearly four weeks and I am getting nowhere with it.
Old 27.03.2005, 09:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

does the midi activity indicator on the sequencer move/blink when you hit store?
Is there any way for you to do a list edit to chech for recorded sys-ex data? You may have recorded it but not known.
Please give info on your sequencer etc.
I use multi setup dump with arrangment dump all the time. You can reload in any multi and no need to keep orig singles.
Old 28.03.2005, 06:49 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
does the midi activity indicator on the sequencer move/blink when you hit store?
Is there any way for you to do a list edit to chech for recorded sys-ex data? You may have recorded it but not known.
Please give info on your sequencer etc.
I use multi setup dump with arrangment dump all the time. You can reload in any multi and no need to keep orig singles.
Hi grs thanks for replying to my post. I am using akai mpc2000xl which is a hardware sequencer. I checked the midi input monitor and it is definitely blinking. I looked in the edit events screen ( which I presume is the same as list edit) and this is what it says-
Time:001.01.00-225.01.00
Notes:0 (c.-2)-127(G. 8) when I turn the data wheel this goes all the way to 127(G. 8)-127(G. 8)
Then I went to step screen and it says-
View: exclusive But i had to turn the data wheel to select exclusive. Then I could not see anything there so I pressed insert to see what would happen and I inserted a 2 byte exclusive data. Then in same screen appearedb-
>exclusive:F0F7

The process in which I did the dump was like so-I created some space before my song and selected track 17 which is apparently the track your meant to use for sysex data according to manual. I then selected midi channel 1. Press record and play then store on virus. The virus screen said dumping edit buffer 1-16, then dumping done. I presume this is all correct. Anyway hope this all helps to enlighten you about what I may be doing wrong. Thanks once again.
Old 28.03.2005, 09:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe an Akai forum will give you the right answer. Your Akai might not like long Sysex data strings.
It seems your doing all the right Virus things
Try saving it after your song or in a new song file or what ever.
Old 28.03.2005, 09:09 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
Maybe an Akai forum will give you the right answer. Your Akai might not like long Sysex data strings.
It seems your doing all the right Virus things
Try saving it after your song or in a new song file or what ever.

I tried the akai forum. I have exhausted all avenues. I have not solved the problem and so I will probably sa goodbye to either the virus or the mpc. I should have checked before I spent the 3500 dollars. oh well, it was an expensive mistake I will not make next time.
Old 28.03.2005, 11:12 PM
Pro
Pro

Maybe if you adjusted your attitude a bit you might have gotten more help in forums.

Old 29.03.2005, 04:47 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
Maybe if you adjusted your attitude a bit you might have gotten more help in forums.

hmmm, a most unusual comment?? considering your the one shaking your tits in everyones faces.
You appear to have misinterpreted me. I have gotten help and I am most grateful to those who have genuinely helped me. Fortunately I have resolved my problems. I come here bearing nothing but an honest and insatiable thirst for knowledge and hopefully enough knowledge of my own that I can also share. I may appear to be impatient or frustrated at times but I am never hostile. So please do not take me so seriously Gopal ,it is nothing personal.
Old 05.04.2005, 05:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

If i remember correctly , before i had a dedicated audio card , i had some sort of special midi cable that could be plugged into an ordinary soundcard to get mid in and out, so if you have a pc with a soundcard that has a gamepad input , you can have very cheap midi ( i used it on an SBlive from soundblaster).
Then you just download a freeware sequencer or a demo that can record midi and sysex and you're set.
You obviously have a pc cause you can't go posting on the net without one.
Greetz....