Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.05.2009, 06:56 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Will I regret it..Snow vs C

So I am considering getting a Virus C Desktop since I don't really want to spend more then 700 on a synth. Will I regret not spending the extra 200 or so for a snow? I really like the knobiness of the C but ultimately the sound is my main concern.

I dont care much about the TI part of so leave that out of the equation
Old 06.05.2009, 09:02 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehunter View Post
So I am considering getting a Virus C Desktop since I don't really want to spend more then 700 on a synth. Will I regret not spending the extra 200 or so for a snow? I really like the knobiness of the C but ultimately the sound is my main concern.

I dont care much about the TI part of so leave that out of the equation
i think you'll really enjoy the virus c, but the snow can do so much more. i'd highly reconsider the snow if you can manage it. virus control is the tits for patch editing and production. again, the palette is alot bigger w/ the snow too.
Old 06.05.2009, 09:47 PM
Very mucho Newbie

I guess it comes down to how important all the knobs are. I have a bunch of softsynths and was trying to get some hardware to keep me off the computer somewhat
Old 06.05.2009, 09:55 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
I guess it comes down to how important all the knobs are. I have a bunch of softsynths and was trying to get some hardware to keep me off the computer somewhat
well it's true the virus c desktop is going to connect you much closer to the hardware w/ more knobs, but i can attest that it's actually pretty easy to program on the snow itself as opposed to using virus control once you understand the architecture, so you don't have to be running it in your daw necessarily.
Old 06.05.2009, 10:51 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You say the Ti isnt important but I guaranty once you start programing with the VC you will wish every synth you own had the same technology.
Old 06.05.2009, 11:46 PM
Very mucho Newbie

You will miss the TI aspect of it all....its a much faster workflow. If your funds are an issue, check out zzounds.com...they will allow you to do 4 payments, worked great for me.
Old 07.05.2009, 12:15 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I say phooey on the TI technology... as it has caused me nothing but headaches and heartaches... so I've switched to strictly programming sounds with the front panel... which is fine for me.

that said... I loves me the "grain complex" oscillator... which you might not miss if you haven't had it... but is quite delicious if you do!

http://www.themoodchannel.com
Old 07.05.2009, 09:11 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

If you're based in the UK, there is an arts council initiative which will give you an interest-free loan of up to £2000 to be paid back over 9 months for the purchase of any musical instrument. Such as a Virus TI. :>

For more info check the website: http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/takeitaway/

-Annikk
Old 07.05.2009, 03:08 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Location: Earth----Europe---- Germany---- Saxony---- Dresden---:)
Send a message via ICQ to Matt van k

Quote:

That was my first impression that a C is better than a snow because of knobs.By the way a C is also powerful(look at the modmatrix)
but the handling of the snow as standalone synth makes very much fun.The buttons are very good inserted and the workflow is great for a synth with 5 knobs.I say: fast like a virus C desktop.
The next is that the Snow is highend with his virus control.You need just one cable from the laptop to the snow for all midi/audiostuff,thats it.
Go for a Snow .You don´t will miss the knobs
Old 07.05.2009, 03:42 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt van k View Post
That was my first impression that a C is better than a snow because of knobs.By the way a C is also powerful(look at the modmatrix)
but the handling of the snow as standalone synth makes very much fun.The buttons are very good inserted and the workflow is great for a synth with 5 knobs.I say: fast like a virus C desktop.
The next is that the Snow is highend with his virus control.You need just one cable from the laptop to the snow for all midi/audiostuff,thats it.
Go for a Snow .You don´t will miss the knobs

Out of curiosity you say the workflow is as good as the C with knobs..anymore detail?