Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 31.12.2004, 12:01 AM
Pro
Pro

Default If you're into today's drum&bass massive - post here !

BigUp and massive respekt to all drum&bass souljahz inside da' place !
Old 31.12.2004, 03:38 AM
Pro
Pro

Default DnB

I like dj rap, dara, photek kind of dnb.

Do you know any other artist like dj rap(junglednb)?
Old 31.12.2004, 05:42 AM
This forum member lives here

I used to get into alot of drum n bass.....when it was actually cool

Back in 98-99, I think it was peaking! I bought quite a few hard drum n bass records back then, from labels like Planet V, Collusion, Beezwax to name a few.....

When I went to England, I picked up some cassette tapes of English Parties, with live sets from the likes of Jumpin Jack Frost, Hype, and lots more I cant remember...

I also really liked the hardcore/jungle movement in the early nineties, with DJ's like SY and SS, and of course, LTJ Bukem. The MC's really knew how to get a party goin'

Fave track.....Hmmm.......has to be;

Q-Project - Champion Sound

I scored a copy on vinyl some time back, and must say it is one of my most prized records. Really brings back some memories!!!!

Cant say I follow the DnB scene anymore, I prefer breaks now. I must be getting old! But I still think the darkness, and evil is still present in breaks, which is borrowed from the truly evil and nasty DnB bass lines

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 31.12.2004, 05:53 AM

I used to get into the jump up stuff, but not so much anymore. most of the DnB I hear now is really dark. Not that anything is wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.
Old 31.12.2004, 08:42 AM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

i am not fully into DnB but i listen to TeeBee and Future Prophecy a lot, i love their sounds and what they do in general
Old 01.01.2005, 12:08 AM

I love the occasional DnB track, but I don't get into it as much as I used to (going back 7 years ago or so - shit am getting old).

I used to produce heaps of DnB, but now days only hints of DnB come out in my tracks. It's always slower than what I used to make too - another sign of age I guess.

I'm into the dark heavy stuff. I don't really like some of the latest stuff I've heard that is really electro and clean.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 03.01.2005, 01:25 AM
Pro
Pro

Hey anybody knows where all these Jungle kiks originate from? 909, 808.
OR
Is it made through sample designing? Battery 2 has some nice Dnb kicks and snares..
Old 26.01.2005, 12:31 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

im into dnb but i dont really have any preference to style. i find listening to all dark dirty reecey dnb can get samey. not really into photek that much. he can get a bit coffee table dnb sometimes. you know? i prefer dancefloor oriented dnb whereas photek just seems...like...sometimes its more suitable to listen to around a coffee table to appreciate its complexity and its depth.

theres a couple of tunes though (all fairly recent) that i just think are amazing though and you should all check em out! i guarantee some of these tunes will change your opinion of dnb for the better

raiden - fallin'

[used to be on renegade hardware -specifically the air EP. middle eastern vocal that will take you away. ethnic percs. never heard a dnb tune like it. never heard one like it since. my undoubted favourite dnb tune. you CANNOT find the air EP anywhere now. ive tried ebay for the past year.]

hive - neo

[violence records. what can i say...]

exile & temper d - warehouse

[used to be on the renegade hardware earth EP back when that was out around 2002. this tune *destroys* dancefloors. ive seen it happen ^___^]

black sun empire - smoke (sinthetix remix)

[bought this one years ago. one of the few records i plaid to the point of totally wearing it out. i dunno what it is. i just keep playing it. all the time. dont get bored of it either.]

concord dawn - morning light (klute remix)

[timeless recordings. some people dont like the klute mix but the break is sick. the track builds so much better than the original. the slightly anxious dark kind of tone is lost on the original in favour of something a bit more uplifting.]

pendulum - back 2 you

[timeless recordings. sort of trance and bassy. but it gets rude. ooooooh man does it get rude...]

rawthang - epilogue

[black sun recordings. uplifting but DARK. beautiful vocal that slides in and out of this solid bassline. complete bitch to mix though because the amount of time it spends breaking down to almost silence.]

technical itch and kemal - the calling VIP [moving shadow. filthy. theres a vanguard artificial pleasures preset for the one of the dirty arps. you may recognise it. filthy filthy tune from the nu skool]

dom & roland - cant punish me

[moving shadow. recently reissued and its just as good now as it was years ago. has a really anxious, bassy kind of feel. in club the bass is so thick you feel funny just walking around.]

omni trio - renengade snares (high contrast mix)

[on moving shadow. kind of dark but with a really chilled out, laid back piano melody. the vocal you will have heard. its pretty famous. quite slow for dnb too - its just a nice change]
Old 26.01.2005, 12:34 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
Hey anybody knows where all these Jungle kiks originate from? 909, 808.
jungle percs are usually sampled either from existing songs or from session drumming. it just sounds more natural than programming drums entirely. that said. black sun empire synthesise all their drums and have used typical trance kicks and hats i swear ive heard before on the net. the kicks are usually bandpassed or the bass is cut below 100 hz in order to make way for the *massive* basslines though. alot of artists seem to use combination of sampled drums layered with synthesised percs which is where alot of more recent dnb is coming is from.

either entire breaks are cutup or parts of them are. then its mangled in a sampler. check out bourben breaks. theres a selection of funk breaks on there that have been widely used in dnb and jungle. once you get how its done the idea then is to keep an open ear for ANY clean break in a tune (for instance theres one in stone roses' fool's gold). if you spot it - sample it. chop it into itty bitty peices. make some brutal noise.
Old 26.01.2005, 01:14 PM
Pro
Pro

Bourbon breaks, http://rah.gq.nu/bourbon/
Yes, today's dnb drum sound is so phat because of heavy processing
and layering of different breaks, to cover the whole frequency spectrum.