Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 15.02.2010, 08:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Akai MPD32 - I need.want some new kit please help....

Considering getting one of these for use with Cubase 5, Battery, Grooveagent, Kontakt amognst other plugins.

Seems the pads are good (although have seens a little sluggish buit can be fixed with a mod).

Wondering how people have got on, particularly like the sliders and rotary controllers.

Let me know please if you have had any experience or offer advice before I part with cash.

Thanks

Yes i have posted in Steinberg forum if you come across the udplicate post.

Basically i have £600 -£800to squander.

Option
with the change and a little more cash few months down the line

OR neither and

Buy a Or get t

Any other suggestions, you see my kit list so feel free to chime in but my studio is needing some triggering devices for drums so the other option could be (with some more saving) :Roland TD-4KX Electronic Drum Kit Bundle

Roland TD-4KX Electronic Drum Kit Bundle

Includes Roland TD-4KX Electronic Drum Kit, Mapex T250 Pedal Pack Inc T250A Drum Throne + P320A Bass Drum Pedal, Carlsbro Secluzion SZ4 DJ

NAMM 2010 Roland News - See Blog

Alternatively find someone who can fix the screen on my Roland MC505 and start over with the Decision maker

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 15.02.2010, 09:10 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You can always buy a little phatty stage 1 edition for cheap and upgrade it to a stage 2 very easly. http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31929 . I paid next to nothing for my lp1 and the part and sidepanel for the upgrade was only $100 us and the software upgrade that enables the arpegiator and lfo sync was free.
Old 15.02.2010, 11:36 PM
Pro
Pro

As per your PM - musically and for a bit of fun, you would get more out of the V Kit. I'm not sold on using those MPC/MPDs in that I dont believe its any more or less efficient then programming with audioclips/midi or using your standard midi keyboard to play the beats anyway, but thats my personal point of view. If you are looking for something to emulate stick feel, then get a V kit or one of the Roland drum pads.

The VXT4s have some pretty ace reviews but as always shop around and see what else is in the price range.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 16.02.2010, 05:14 PM
Pro
Pro

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for not PMing you (think I forgot) feedingear.

Problem is with me i always want the best - but not being a drummer a grand is a lot of dosh but I would like to have a bash and believe the TD-4KX are about mid priced without hitting the £2500-4000+
The other option was the electron drum machione but I feel I am duplicating what I can do on the PC and really want something to trigger drums and samples other than the keys on my synths.

Think I am leading toward the Vdrums. The Akais could be me being impatient!

...as you say I think i would get more out of the vdrums fun, natural feel and learning a new instrument

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 17.02.2010, 06:07 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
... learning a new instrument
Project! Good luck, and tell us how you get on with your learning curve