Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 05.08.2004, 03:24 PM
New here
New here

Default Fruity Loops and Virus C

I'm running Fruity Loops Studio 4 and was wondering if anyone had a plugin for it that can tweak the settings on the virus. Basically what the sounddriver-virus does, only in Fruity Loops. I think there is a place where you can download something like this off of the Fruity Loops website. They call it a 'dashboard' or something. Thanks in advance.

Moderator's note: Tsk-tsk.
Old 07.08.2004, 12:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

yes there is a dashboard for the Virus B which for the most part work with your Virus C...if you go into the looptalk and choose the subject preset exchange it will lead you to the dashboard presets...you can also make your own with the dashboard...there is also on the midi out instrument a preset for the Virus A which works for basics like cutoff and resonance...

peace
Blank
Old 08.08.2004, 01:58 AM
New here
New here

Some jerk moderated out the fact that I don't have access to the forums because I'm using a pirated copy of Fruity Loops. Thanks for your help, but can you provide a link to where I can download the Virus B dashboard? Why the hell did they moderate that out... Maybe I accidently stumbled upon the christians access virus forum; anyway, I'm gonna go get some milk and cookies now and play with my crayons.
Old 08.08.2004, 06:58 AM
This forum member lives here

you should buy a real version....software piracy is a crime! And it helps no-one. Eventually, if a company's software is being stolen, then they are not making any money, and they will stop making the software, and others will not even bother to make anything new.

If you cant afford it, dont use it. And if you want to try it, download it, and if you like it, then go and buy it.....Thats cool. Im sure we have all done it in the past, myself included, but really....we should do the right thing.

I for one say "NO" to piracy! Who will join me in my quest to fight the evil pirates, and take down the evil pirate empire????

Good luck mate!

Jase

P.S tsk tsk
Old 08.08.2004, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid
Maybe I accidently stumbled upon the christians access virus forum
The webmaster of this forum is working on a software company and he doesn't like that people share warez around here. It's even written on the rules (I assume you have read the rules, haven't you?).
Old 08.08.2004, 03:36 PM
New here
New here

*The dashboard I'm asking for isn't warez...* I just can't get the link to it because you need to be a registered user on the forums in order to see it. I'm just asking for a link guys.

And I'm a firm believer that most software is completely overpriced, and that without warez, people like me who can't afford to spend 7 grand on a piece of software (Like Alias|Wavefront's Maya Unlimited) would never have the opportunity to use it and grow from it. You guys think Microsoft has any right to charge people a thousand dollars for a development platform, being that they're one of the wealthiest companies in existence? I realize that people have to make money, and that software developers need compensation, but in the grand scale of things it's a dog eat dog market that's getting worse and worse every day. People's lives are being consumed by video games that they're being forced to pay for every month just to play. JUST TO PLAY! You guys think that's ok? Pirated copies of software supposedly cause tons of revenue loss every year and do irreperable harm to software companies, but if that was even remotely true then these companies would be in peril. I assure you, the CEO's and all the executives that are supposedly taking it in the ass all drive home every night in cars that cost as much as your houses. And you want to know something? Most development right now is being outsourced to different countries by software companies. Right now, they'll hire cheap labor in India to develop a piece of software for a fraction of the price instead of hiring an american (I know this because I have good friends who work for Microsoft and Computer Associates). Software companies are screwing their OWN PEOPLE every single day, and these bastards have the audacity to complain about a few pirated copies of their software floating around and being used by people who can truly appreciate the software for what it is instead of the price tag attached to it. Do you see open source developers who write some of the best and most reliable software in the world putting in copy protections and keys and security mechanisms so that they can horde every penny from everyone? I just wanted to get that out there before you guys thought I was some kind of freeloading bandit... I wish the webmaster luck. I'm a software developer for a company who doesn't pay me enough and charges over 40,000$ for a piece of software I wrote in my living room over the course of 3 months. It actually sells too. That's what blows my mind; people actually buy it. That's ridiculous.
Old 08.08.2004, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid
*The dashboard I'm asking for isn't warez...* I just can't get the link to it because you need to be a registered user on the forums in order to see it. I'm just asking for a link guys.
I thought it was a part of the registered version.

But one reason for high price of software is that there more and more piracy and to compensate the loss of piracy they have to rise up the prices. There are some companies that have way too expensive software (like Microsoft), but also some companies (actually every music software company) has quite decent prices. For example 300 euros for a complete professional recording software that serve well for years to come is not much (not to mention Fruity Loops that costs 100 euros). Software is cheap when compared to hardware.
Old 09.08.2004, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L

But one reason for high price of software is that there more and more piracy and to compensate the loss of piracy they have to rise up the prices.
Bingo!
Old 09.08.2004, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Bongo?

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 09.08.2004, 04:28 AM

BANGO.