Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.04.2005, 05:29 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via AIM to deosoff
Default [solved] Virus B Midi mode change - single to multi mode?

Hi everybody,
I'm a new member to the forum, long time Virus B user. I've never been able to solve this problem. I use the Virus B with a Roland A-70 controller, and do lots of program changes in the Virus from the A-70, but I am wondering if there is a way to send a midi or sysex command to the Virus to switch it from single mode to multi mode and also then switch patches within multi mode. I don't see this in the manual, and have not been able to solve it with different settings in the program changes, and BSM/LSM settings.

I do also have an aux and sysex commands section I can configure in the keyboard which is supposed to work with some other modules, but I don't know what commands to enter, if any.
Thanks,
Dave Osoff
dave@daveosoff.com
Old 23.04.2005, 12:32 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I think this may have been asked before. From memory, we came to the conclusion that the answer was no. I just did a search but couldn't find the thread - maybe someone can find it for us?

Not sure if we got any feedback from anyone from Access though.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 24.04.2005, 03:25 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for the info. I did send a note to Access support - we'll see what they say. I have messed around some more with program changes and I figured out how to change patches within multi mode once I manually make the switch from single mode, so that's a start.

Looks like the part that is assigned the global midi chanel will control the patch number wihin multi mode, and the others will change the individual part but not the patch. I'll have to experiment with that again though to make sure this statement is correct.
Dave O
Old 25.04.2005, 04:27 PM

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS5 Manual, Page 180
Multi Program Change Enable
This function controls if the VIRUS receives program changes of multi-setups. If enabled, the Virus switches an entire multi-setup by a program change. The global MIDI channel has to be used to receive the program change. Please note that the multi program change will not work in the single-multi mode, because, in this mode, the display is unable to show the change.
So you can change the whole multi at once.

Now you want to switch between Single and Multi mode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS5 Manual, Page 272
Parameter C122 (Global Mode). Values are 0:Single 1:MultiSingle 2:Multi.
You have to change this parameter by a sysex string:

Code:
F0 00 20 33 01 dd 72 00 7A vv F7
where dd addresses the Device ID and vv the new mode.
With this you can switch between the modes.

I hope this helps a bit.

tk
Old 26.04.2005, 10:30 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for all the info. I noticed the instructions were from the OS 5 manual and as far as I know 4.9 is the most current OS for the Virus B - But I will install that OS this week and try setting up this string in my controller and see what happens.

Best,
Dave Osoff