Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 20.04.2004, 09:39 AM
Pro
Pro

I'm in 2 minds about the Creamware Pulsar 2. Reviews seem mixed about it's stability, I am after that or something similar though
Old 20.04.2004, 10:48 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Smag,

Don't know if you have much spare cash but personally I think the UAD's are quite expensive and I'd make sure it is what you need first. Sounds like you could definately do with a new soundcard for some better AD convertors. Whether or not you need the UAD-1 is another matter - I use it for mixing and mastering. But it definately is not a replacement for a soundcard as I stated there is no Input or Output for audio.

There is a good forum for the UAD-1 at http://www.chrismilne.com/uadforums/...asp?FORUM_ID=2

Plenty of experts there to ask questions of.

Smag, You asked about the connections:~

The UAD-1 is a PCI card that has no connectors other than the PCI buss itself. When installed the Plug-ins that come with the card (and run on the card) become readily available via the same route as any other VST plugs - i.e throught the VST plug-in folder.

You still use the Audigy as your soundcard (or whatever you decide to replace it with).

I would say that a decision to buy a UAD-1 should come down to whether or not the Compressors you currently use are sufficient or not. There are plenty of other plugs and the reverb does have SOME nice settings but is not as good as the Classicverb on the Powercore (IMO) or the IR waves verb.

You will not be dissapointed with one as the quality of the plugs is so good. But whether you need one or not is another matter.

I should also point out that IMO it is not worth buying the Project Pak as all the good plugs that make the UAD-1 what it is don't come bundled with it. This is usually used as a cheap method of adding extra UAD-1s to a system. I would recommend the Studio Pak as a fist card as it comes with the most valuable bundle and is worht the extra ?'s.

Hope this helps,

Marytn
Old 20.04.2004, 09:05 PM
Pro
Pro

got it now, cheers Martyn, I haven't really looked into DSP accelerators previously that much. For the price of the Studio Pack, I may as well get a Creamware Pulsar to be honest. I'm going to ponder this for a bit and see what's about.
Old 21.04.2004, 05:00 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

well personaly i havent expirienced any problems with it
Old 05.05.2004, 03:54 PM
New here
New here

Well, I have just purchased a Yamaha 01v96 which I am very happy with. I initally had a little soundcraft analogue mixer which I do not think sounds anywhere near as good as the 01v. With regards to soundcards I have a Pulsar 2 which is very stable, I have never had any problems with (apart from my own stupid mistakes )
________
vaporizer manufacturer

Last edited by Thompsy : 30.01.2011 at 12:51 AM.