Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 25.09.2006, 04:31 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

easy as pie !!
Old 25.09.2006, 07:40 AM
Pro
Pro

I use the sidechaining in logic only with logic's own compressor. Some other logic plugins include the sidechaining function too but I haven't tried them yet with sidechaining. Anyway, if I want to use sidechaining with a kick + bassline for example, I set the outputs of bassline tracks and basskick to their own mix busses (bass kick and bassline) and then insert a compressor to the bassline track and select the bass kick bus for sidechaining and it starts to work. Somehow I haven't got this working by selecting audio tracks but it always works if I select a bus. Anyway, I always mix with buses so this is not a problem for me. I don't know whether you can use audio unit plugins with sidechaining or not. But anyway, using the logic's own compressor with sidechaining is easy and it also sounds pretty good. The included compressor plugin is maybe not the best available but with right settings it sounds pretty smooth and works well with the sidechain. I always use it when I need to sidechain things and use uad compressors if I don't need the sidechain.
Old 26.09.2006, 05:04 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Logic is elegant in the way it works, everything seems to be streamlined & very intuative.

Being a Cubase user previously right up until when Steinberg turned the GUI into a complete mess with the release of SX, Logic is much more of a cleaner way of working. I ditched my Mac that I was using at the time as the new G5's had just been released & were sketchy & needed an in between machine to get me through until they'd settled. Had a purpous built DAW & a friend lent me Logic to have a go with. 2 days of brain storming rebulding the environment & getting to grips with it, I was hooked. I knew more about Logic in that short time than with Cubase after several years. Superb program

I'm just in the process of upgrading at the end of this week to a dual 2.7 G5 & Logic Pro 7 finally. To be honest if the last PC version had offline bounce then I think I may have stuck with it for much much longer as it did all that I needed. It was the only feature I had missed since VST5.

Cubase 4 looks great too & had seriously considered going down that road. Yamaha are in control now so it's going to be a different kettle of fish hopefully for the users with them. Visually I don't like the look of the new plugs but, if they work well then at least it gives a good palette to work with rather than the crap in previous versions. Media & Soundframe are good additions.

Logic is still a bad ass sequencer.