Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.09.2003, 04:25 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default question about multi / single mode + logic

Hi everyone,

Im wondering if its possible to play different presets on the virus at the same time.

Since the virus is 16 parts multitimbral, i was thinking i would pull up a MULTI INSTRUMENT in logic, and then i would have to assign different presets (sounds) on the virus to its own midi channel.

is this correct?

i couldn't find in the manual how to allocate individual sounds to its own midi channel.

how would i go about getting 16 sounds playing simultaneously using logic?

Thanks
Old 15.09.2003, 08:12 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Read carefully the "multi" section of the manual. There sohuld be everything you need. Including keyrange and detailed multi editing.

I'll just say few things: When you're in multi, there should be a channel selection option in the edit menu. That's the midichannel for the Virus channel you're currently editing. For example if you select Channel 1 to every Vrius' 16 channels, every channel is played from MIDI channel 1.

Be sure that the keyboard mode in the control menu is set to MultiChannels, if you wan't play layered sounds from your keyboard.

Also when starting to make multi patch, remember to set all channels off from that Init patch, because otherwise it blasts out every sixteen channels when you press a key.