Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 01.09.2009, 09:55 AM
New here
New here

Default held notes and sync error

hello!

got my virus a few weeks ago and been having a few problems. i actually bought it as a repaired model, b stock from digital village, so got it for £870. its a TI2 desktop, and it has fully up to date firmwire 3.0.5

I occasionally get a problem whereby the notes will hold for ever. so i will just get the last note played until i close down the virus vst. even if i do that, if i turn it back on the stuck note is still playing. this is cubase 5.0 i am running by the way.

It also comes up with 'sync error - please pause and restart' practically every 2 minutes on the vst, however i can't actually see what problem this causes. just be nice to clear this up really.

i only have a 3 month warranty as it was repaired stock so i'd rather sort it out now if it is something sinister!

pc is;

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz D0 Overclocked to 3.40GHz!
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel

thanks in advance,
matt
Old 01.09.2009, 10:55 AM
Pro
Pro

Check your latency settings - could be that your latency is set to high and stuffing up the sync, I believe lowering the latency is the common fix.

If you get a stuck note use the PANIC function (mono/sync pressed simultaneously).
Old 01.09.2009, 11:54 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to MiddleThinkr Send a message via MSN to MiddleThinkr Send a message via Skype™ to MiddleThinkr

The latency was my Prob. too, jusing FL Studio 8.0.0 ( i know i know FL ... ^^ ) but when i set Latency to 10 ms - 8 ms it was just fine ... or Try to Set the Virus as the "Sound card". Should fix your problems if not than ... :S im sorry for you hehehe ^^ ... ah yeah and never forget Panic key !
Old 01.09.2009, 11:55 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thething View Post
I occasionally get a problem whereby the notes will hold for ever. so i will just get the last note played until i close down the virus vst.
matt, get in touch with access support - they'll help you out.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 01.09.2009, 01:30 PM
New here
New here

thanks for the tips. will check latency when i get home. have spoken briefly to access but sticking note problem only happens once in a while so keep thinking its gone away
Old 01.09.2009, 07:33 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Also, 3.0.5 isn't fully up to date firmware. Update to 3.1! :P