Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.08.2009, 08:04 PM
Pro
Pro

Surely, as mentioned, the main difference between ardware and siftware is the inbuilt audio path components ie ad/da/filters and so on make a unit. VSTistend to stand out more once pushed through external effects and filters which bring them closer if not same as hardware synth standards...just my thought.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 04.08.2009, 05:09 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Joey

the difference is though it sounds like a completely different synth, not just like its running through a different signal path

No one cares, no one sympathizes.
So you just stay home and play synthesizers.

www.myspace.com/the_joey
www.myspace.com/blushresponsenyc
Old 05.08.2009, 10:02 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
the difference is though it sounds like a completely different synth, not just like its running through a different signal path
What's so bad about Largo having it's own sound. Nobody said it will reproduce all old Waldorf synths by 100% but it could get close since it has many features (including all wavetables) of the old synths.
At the discussions at KVR some people stated "it's not exactly sounding like Waldorf synth A or Waldorf synth B" but who cares?

The Moog filter of the Virus also doesn't sound 100% authentic but nobody (including me) cares about that. The Virus TI is a wavetable synth so why not compare it to Waldorf synths or the PPG? Again i don't care because a Virus is a Virus and many people recognize that special sound as an own character.

PS: I have a compromise for a software Virus. Either Access could do a Vrus TI version for Powercore or provide an own "Engine" version of the TI2 which only contains the DSPs and some connections in a 19" rack (like the Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine or the old Virus rack synths).
PC: Core2Quad Q6600, Win Vista SP1, 4GB RAM, M-Audio Ozonic, Ableton Live 8.0.4 ; synths: Yamaha Motif ES 7, Access Virus TI Desktop (OS 3.0.4 pb), ; softsynths: Sylenth1 v2.2, Alchemy v1.10.10, Waldorf Largo 1.1.0, NI Absynth 4, Minimonsta, some more...

Last edited by Ingo : 05.08.2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05.08.2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
or provide an own "Engine" version of the TI2 which only contains the DSPs and some connections in a 19" rack (like the Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine or the old Virus rack synths).
Access actually produced 19" rack versions for the B and C strains (Virus Rack and Virus Rack XL respectively), but I believe they weren't as popular so they revoked them for the TI.
Old 05.08.2009, 09:15 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
PS: I have a compromise for a software Virus. Either Access could do a Vrus TI version for Powercore or provide an own "Engine" version of the TI2 which only contains the DSPs and some connections in a 19" rack (like the Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine or the old Virus rack synths).
I'd rather they did it for UAD than powercore. UAD's got way better customer support from everything I've ever seen/heard.
Old 05.08.2009, 09:58 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I'd love to see them improve on the poco version tbh rather than code a new native version.

Things I'd like to see added:

1.The patch management is gay take's you ages to find the sound your after (yes I know the virus is a synth and not a preset machine but what's the point of having 1000's of presets if you can't scroll through them quickly?)

2. The moog filter would be nice

3. Reverb/delay and maybe an EQ per part or...

4. Separate Reverb/delay,EQ or maybe the whole effects section as separate plugins (which load on to another DSP). Would be good because not only you can process the other virus parts but other sources as well (without the need of using the input plugin to send it to the actual synth).

But I guess none of that stuff would happen , it took access years just to fix the bugs with it and the only new feature in the 2.0 update was program change.
Old 05.08.2009, 10:05 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Joey

Quote:
What's so bad about Largo having it's own sound. Nobody said it will reproduce all old Waldorf synths by 100% but it could get close since it has many features (including all wavetables) of the old synths.
At the discussions at KVR some people stated "it's not exactly sounding like Waldorf synth A or Waldorf synth B" but who cares?

The Moog filter of the Virus also doesn't sound 100% authentic but nobody (including me) cares about that. The Virus TI is a wavetable synth so why not compare it to Waldorf synths or the PPG? Again i don't care because a Virus is a Virus and many people recognize that special sound as an own character.

I didn't say it was bad, I just said its wrong to say they sound the same

No one cares, no one sympathizes.
So you just stay home and play synthesizers.

www.myspace.com/the_joey
www.myspace.com/blushresponsenyc
Old 06.08.2009, 05:33 PM
Pro
Pro

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/c...-214573/review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3obpt5upDvc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3IkZ5uxl8g
(Speaking dutch or german - the latter i think)

...and finally if it all gets to much the madness of software vs hardware synths :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcJAcuyVLZI

Old 07.08.2009, 07:27 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I like the 61 key enough that I'd like to see Access release one as a controller board.
Then you could use it along with a software version of the Virus.

Probably not likely to happen though.
Old 27.08.2009, 10:04 PM
Pro
Pro

If anyones got a few quid spare check out this Amazon deal (sorely tempted jsut to add Largo to the kit list).

http://solodeals.com/Largo-Softsynth...ource=GB&id=uk