Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.11.2006, 08:07 PM
New here
New here

Default Cubase timecode triggers Virus C reverb - unsolved

Hi all
When I have my timecode source set to MIDI Timecode in the midi synch of my Cubase SX 2, on certain single presets - eg Moon Pad JS - it triggers the reverb making a gated Ksss ksss ksss sound when i play or record in cubase.

I can turn the reverb down but of course the sound isn't the same. I can turn the timecode source to none but that seems a shame.

Any way of having the MIDI timecode on with it not triggering this reverb noise? Am I missing somethign really obvious & dumb?

thanks

Christo
Old 10.11.2006, 08:15 PM
New here
New here

OK so I found that it doesn't matter if I turn the sych source to None in Cubase - it still makes that noise on the reverb on Moon Pad JS
doh!
edit...

OK just found that the only thing that stops it is if I uncheck the Send Midi Clock port (in my case DSP24 Mid 1) in the Synch setup window.

curious
Old 27.11.2006, 08:19 PM
New here
New here

OK so today i got a midi keyboard to play my access virus C with - got a Eldirol PCM30.
Guess what?
That same ticking away in tempo with the BPM on the virus. tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh - depending on the sound.
I;m guessing the timeclock from the keyboard is playing the virus in some fashion.
Is there anything on the virus I should turn off in some menu somewhere - I keep trying things but no joy. I;d still like to be able to alter bpm with the midi keyboard but it's obvioiusly not on having this noise going on all the time.
any ideas?
cheers
Christo