Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 22.11.2005, 06:05 AM
Amateur
Amateur

My OSC on this patch is is trying to turn into Donald Duck for some reason.
Old 22.11.2005, 08:54 AM
Pro
Pro

Like I said a year ago, you cannot do the JP8k supersaw pads or leads with Virus TI's hypersaw. They sound totally different.
Old 22.11.2005, 03:28 PM
Amateur
Amateur

You said that a year ago before the TI was even out? before anyone had even heard it? Thats really strange..

Can we have this weeks loto numbers while your here? why not give us next years loto as well. cheers

Dont tell me you have a jp8000 and no TI.
Old 22.11.2005, 03:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I'm almost done moving to my new place so it might take a couple of days before I can record something but I will look into that(I own both jp8080 and virusTI)
Old 23.11.2005, 02:34 AM
Amateur
Amateur

I found a better patch for it! (ROM-MM 82 PWFattty MS)
Sounds very nice tweaked and played TD style
Old 23.11.2005, 08:45 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi,

Could you all please post more audio demos of the results you get with the TI so I can compare with the JP8000 demo mentioned in the first message. Just posting preset numbers alone doesn't help alot as my local music store doesn't have a demo TI in store at this moment, so I can't demo it. That's why I am asking for good audio demos from you guys.

But if you do post audio demos, it's a good idea to also post info like which patch you used and which alterations you made etc..

Thanks alot!
Old 23.11.2005, 09:07 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
I'd say play a TI and use patch ROM-M 63 Ld StrngzMS.

Adjust the delay feedback and send to suit and its 98% the same sound.
Maybe untune the detune a bit. MS always likes the DETUNE the german way.
Could you please post a good audio demo so I can hear and compare the result with the JP8000 demo posted in first message? Thanks!
Old 23.11.2005, 09:47 AM
Amateur
Amateur

I did one with that ROM-M 63 Ld StrngzMS patch here.. http://bryncoedstudio.bulldoghome.co...Popsclicks.mp3

But i think the other patch (ROM-MM 82 PWFattty MS) this one sounds very close!
Old 23.11.2005, 10:03 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+?
You said that a year ago before the TI was even out? before anyone had even heard it? Thats really strange..

Dont tell me you have a jp8000 and no TI.
Does it really matter that the TI wasn't out a year ago when I said that if so many people were already talking about hypersaw killing supersaw in those days? Wasn't I allowed to say what I thought? _Nobody_ had heard the TI.

There were many threads about the TI killing JP80x0 and the hypersaw totally replacing the JP Supersaw right after Access had introduced the TI. I said that the hypersaw will NOT replace JP supersaw and definitely will not sound like supersaw but many people really thought that hypersaw will sound like JP supersaw. I haven't heard these people saying the same anymore. I wonder why...Maybe they realised that those waveforms don't sound the same afterall and these 2 synths sound totally different also because of their different sounding filters.

Even Ben Crosland didn't see much difference between TI hypersaw and JP supersaw or understood how much the filter affects the sound and why so many people like JP's filter and what is it that really makes JP to sound so unique. Finally Ben admitted that he doesn't know much about JP and what makes it sound so special in trance music (especially the filter character).

I don't have a TI , but I have alot of experience of Virus synthesizers (B, KC, Powercore) and the sound is totally different from JP and the TI's hypersaw doesn't sound much different. And one thing is still sure, it doesn't sound like JP supersaw. And the filter is the final thing which makes it sound totally different also when you're not opening or closing the cutoff. I have a JP and many other synths and I know how to program those trance pads and leads so I am very familiar with what we're talking about here.

Virus can do great leads and pads for trance but it doesn't sound like JP. In fact I don't even see a point trying to make it sound like a JP because you can buy a real JP with less than a half of the TI's price and you'll get the great original sound immediately.

I listened to the "popsclick.mp3" and it's a good sound but also a good example where you hear that the virus lacks the highest frequencies even when the cutoff is open. The PWFatty-patch uses PWM pulses, not saw waves. If you want to get close to the original JP sound, you must use saw waves and unison. 2 saw oscillators with 7 voice unison or 2 hypersaws are good to start with.
Old 23.11.2005, 10:10 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

At 19-20 seconds that Ti demo doesnt sound right....you got some warbling tuning issue with that patch. Anyone else hear it?

PS - why do people keep wanting the Virus' hypersaw to emulate a JP's supersaw? I dont think its possible because the oscilators and filters have a totally different tone.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....