Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 06.07.2005, 07:33 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Nice effort guys - sound great sounds there!

Garym - I wish I could play the keys live like that - how did you learn?

Drammy
Old 08.07.2005, 08:27 PM

Now you are talkin' my style! I've been working on a remake of Yazoo's Don't Go which is 100% Access Virus b so far. I only need to add drums and the bridge and I'll have the whole song. I've been debating on whether or not to use sampled drums or program them on the Virus. I also am remaking OMD's Electricity but I'm using Sonik Synth 2 for that. 20+ years later, I'm listening to my favorite songs of the 80's in a new light -- now that I know (somewhat) how to program the sounds. I want to get to the point where I can listen to a synth in a song and program the patch on my own. Don't Go is my first attempt. I'll post the link when I'm finished.
Old 08.07.2005, 10:17 PM

Nice work, Gary! I especially like that carpetlead patch. I haven't been able to d/l the Eurythmics patches yet. Is the link broken? I almost remade Gary Numan's Cars instead of Don't Go. I'll probably start on it after I finish Don't Go. I wouldn't know the first thing about designing a patch like your carpetlead. Where do I start?

Peace \/
Dan
Old 09.07.2005, 09:15 AM

Wow! You did a great job with Sweet Dreams. I should have Don't Go completed soon. I just ran into a snag with a weird sounding kick drum that I posted in another thread. It would probably be easier to use samples for drums, but I want to do the whole song with the Virus. Meanwhile, you can listen to my other songs (not just Virus) at www.soundclick.com/chisel316. I'll warn you now, there's some hip-hop in there
Old 09.07.2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garym
Hi Dan, I have just woken up!
And the first thing I did was connected straight to your website to Listen to your Music!
Gary
I'm quite honored Thanks for the kind words. I never thought of covering a Stranglers tune. I've been listening to a lot of Devo lately, so who knows.
Old 10.07.2005, 11:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Wow, really impressive clips!
Well done, the sound design is spot on and so is the production!
Old 12.07.2005, 07:25 PM

That's great stuff!! Duran Duran would be quite proud of your work I need to find a site that will let me hotlink my mp3 files so I can post them here. I'm afraid to submit them to soundclick because they are not original.

Peace \/
Dan
Old 13.07.2005, 08:21 PM

Thanks, Gary. I may take you up on that offer

You should check out the Yahoo Forum new_wave_music_now. It's a small group of 70's/80's synth-pop composers. That's where we're having the Yazoo Don't Go cover song contest. Anybody here that composes in that style should drop by. It's kinda quiet over there. We sure could use some enthusiastic musicians to liven things up.

Peace \/
Dan
Old 13.07.2005, 11:51 PM

Cool. In fact, it would be really interesting if you joined our little contest since we both have the same synth

Peace \/
Dan
Old 14.07.2005, 05:26 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Im very into 80's music and 80's synth sound design. I like Yazoo.....I know that Vince Clarke used the Pro-One exclsively on the 'Upstairs at Eric's' album. Dont Go and Only You are all time classic Pro-0ne songs.

Here's an attempt at Dont Go on a Pro-One.

And Im assuming all you guys hav seen this >> http://hem.passagen.se/sequence/t_1981.html

Well anyways, I'll be spending alot of time on a Prophet 5, Pro-One and Jupiter 8 this summer....so throw us some Midi songs and Id love to have a bash at it.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....