Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.01.2009, 01:53 PM
New here
New here

Default Recording Virus Automation in Cubase

Hi guys, I'm new to the Forum and just getting back into my music...

I've what I hope is an easy question...

I've got a TI Polar and am using the Virus plug-in and have multiple tracks layed down. However I want to record automation for each track within the track i.e. like you can with velocity, panning etc... how do I get the Virus controllers to appear in the drop down list? I wish to have the automation within the track to ease copy/paste etc.

I know I can record automation under the VST instrument tracks but these are not for midi channel tracks, only the VST instrument, i.e. global.

Also is there a list somewhere of what controller numbers are each parameter? I can't find this in the Access manuals, i.e. what CC is Filter 1 attack?

Many thanks for the help........
Old 13.01.2009, 09:39 PM
New here
New here

Can anybody help? Can't mix my track otherwise!

Much appreciated...
Old 14.01.2009, 02:49 PM
New here
New here

I've had 60 views but no answer.... is this impossible?? Or a stupid question as the answer is easy? If so someone tell me please!
Old 14.01.2009, 03:12 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

i dont have cubase or my Ti drivers on this pc

twiddle a knob and that controller will show up in the controller list with the rest of them

copy the CC number down in the list editor and then allocate it with cubases quick controls and bingo

i know there is an easier way to do it , i just cant remember the exact sequence of presses

click me for main download page
Old 14.01.2009, 03:47 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I think there was a file on the Access website available for download that gives you the definitions for this. It may have just been names for the presets or something though.. might be worth a look though

By the way if you get it figured out, let me know how you did it! I'll be diving into Cubase soon too, so it would be good to know stuff like this.. :>

-Annikk
Old 14.01.2009, 09:43 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Yeah I ran into the same problem. Only solutions I've found are the same as has been mentioned.
Old 15.01.2009, 01:32 AM
New here
New here

Cheers guys. Decided to look at the Access site and videos... (sorry I was being lazy) the Virus doesn't record automation within a track, it's all under the VST instrument as I'd already discovered. Within a track only the usual suspects are picked up, i.e. modulation, velocity, pan etc... not all the other controllers of the Virus. Interestingly you'll note that when you turn a Virus knob (i.e. filter resonance) you don't get a midi trigger indicator on the Cubase transport bar, which you do if you move the modulation wheel... i.e. same issue since the bulk of the Virus automation is not handled by midi, it goes via the USB, hence it can't appear in the midi track.
Old 03.02.2009, 12:41 AM
New here
New here

Wink hmmmm

so how exactly can you record automation like filter sweeps and osc semitone sweeps etc.

it comes in through usb so... do i make a new automation lane?? it really buggin me

ableton live 7 is my daw.
Old 03.02.2009, 09:15 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintessential View Post
so how exactly can you record automation like filter sweeps and osc semitone sweeps etc.

it comes in through usb so... do i make a new automation lane?? it really buggin me

ableton live 7 is my daw.
just read/watch the ableton live tutorial that comes with the Virus TI software suite.

best, marc
Old 08.02.2009, 09:58 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Yeah I just realized that I ran into the same issue. This is disappointing. I just bought my first virus (Polar TI|2) as I was trying to get away from the Powercore Virus.

Using Cubase 4.5.2 with Virus OS3.0 Beta.

You could just record your Virus stuff live into Cubase... just won't be able to control more than 2 knobs smoothly.