Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 19.06.2006, 12:50 AM
New here
New here

Bottom Line, I paid a lot of money for a great sounding powerful synth, loaded with power, high polyphony count and stellar fx in multi mode.

What have I got, a synth that glitches and spasms even in solo mode, with nothing more than a power chord and a pair of headphones plugged straight into it!

..ohh and I've just noticed the lfo lights are cycling... in standby mode, great!.

It'll be a miracle if I dont call the shop tomorrow morning asking for a full refund

Arksun
Old 19.06.2006, 01:31 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

repeat : if you need arp or not is not the issue. you claimed you need arp to make trance, and thats not true.

if it's defective, exchange or return it. its probably hardware. i use it standalone with 1.1.1 and no issue. repeat NO issue.
Old 19.06.2006, 01:46 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by djencode

if it's defective, exchange or return it. its probably hardware. i use it standalone with 1.1.1 and no issue. repeat NO issue.
I have no doubt yours is working fine, and I'm happy for you, really I am

But for myself, risk having it exchanged for another one equally/more/slighty less but still glitchy?. And all the time wasted and hassle that entails?!?!. No thanks.

I've now seen too many posts by other users with very similar issues to put me off the TI now.

So unless Access can make an offer of directly swaping out my TI with one gauranteed to be stable and tested by them personally, beforehand, I'm cutting loose. Sorry

Arksun
Old 21.06.2006, 04:45 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I received my replacement Desktop TI yesterday.
It came with 1.09 installed.
I updated it to v1.1.
After several hours of testing in standalone mode, there has been no satan-saw, no crashes and no crackling.
The was one instance when I could hear a click in the attack portion of a bass sound.
Once I had switched to another patch and gone back, it had gone and I was unable to repeat the effect.
So far so good, testing continues.
Old 21.06.2006, 06:05 PM
This forum member lives here

Thats great news Threlly - Hope it works out for you...

cheers

Blay
Old 21.06.2006, 07:37 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

it's good to see people are experiencing the same success with their TI as i am. now if the buffer issue with VC would be sorted, it would be the perfect synth
Old 22.06.2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
I received my replacement Desktop TI yesterday.
It came with 1.09 installed.
I updated it to v1.1.
After several hours of testing in standalone mode, there has been no satan-saw, no crashes and no crackling.
The was one instance when I could hear a click in the attack portion of a bass sound.
Once I had switched to another patch and gone back, it had gone and I was unable to repeat the effect.
So far so good, testing continues.
That's awesome news. Access is swapping out my Polar next week, and I am hoping that I'll finally have a glitch-free TI. What a wonderful thing that would be!
Old 22.06.2006, 03:25 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

I'm happy for you guys that access steped up to the plate and replaced your units

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 22.06.2006, 12:40 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

After testing out this 1.1 beta for a while now i must say it's a joke.
This is the biggest joke ever! You have 2 tracks in midi with no usb connected, and it cracks up just with some effects and unison...
This synth is pure comedy! The RAM B patches can't be used since their too powerful...!! You can't even make hands-up happy hardcore with this toy... What a waste of time and money.

It's easier to make trance with free softsynths like triangle II or superwave P8.
Old 22.06.2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Crouch
After testing out this 1.1 beta for a while now i must say it's a joke.
This is the biggest joke ever! You have 2 tracks in midi with no usb connected, and it cracks up just with some effects and unison...
This synth is pure comedy! The RAM B patches can't be used since their too powerful...!! You can't even make hands-up happy hardcore with this toy... What a waste of time and money.

It's easier to make trance with free softsynths like triangle II or superwave P8.
Hey Peter!

Whats the rest of your setup comprised of? Give us some details like:

What DAW u using?
Mac or PC?
OS?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Closed Thread