Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 30.08.2011, 06:49 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default bang the drums

Hi all,
I've been lurking on the forum for a long time now A few years ago I purchased a virus kb and an emu xl-7 command station sequencer to make live drum and bass. To make bass, to be precise, as I intend to play the drums in realtime along with the gear. The project unfortunately didnt get very far due to work, and then a baby boy, but now I'm finally getting around to putting in a few hours here and there on the synths! Expect lots of questions as I struggle to understand how to do this stuff!
Old 31.08.2011, 05:52 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Welcome back to music, and I hope you'll be getting your son in the groove too! Babies likes drumsticks
Old 31.08.2011, 09:11 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks! He loves music, he has an 80s keyboard/synth which he can use (he can turn the backing parts on and off and can play melodies and crank the volume up!) and I also sit him behind the electronic drumkit and let him bash away with the sticks. Keeps him busy for ages He can't reach the pedals, but has learned to reach down with the stick and hit the bass drum with it hehe. He also can reach the back of my virus and has learned how to pull the cables in and out. I frown at this Still, he's doing pretty good for being 15 months old.
Old 31.08.2011, 11:06 AM
Pro
Pro

hey innovine, im not sure if these patches will go backwards compatible for the Virus KB as they are designed for the TI, but you could give them a go and see if they work at all. Some great presets to start building from for dubstep/dnb wobbles/reeses. http://www.radiansoundlab.com/2010/03/virus-ti-bank/

I also rate this guys Reaktor ensembles pretty highly too, specially if your into resampling and mangling more then synthesis.

Also, feel free to check out my soundcloud, plenty of dnb on there.

feed.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/