Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.04.2007, 07:12 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Unhappy Using the Virus Inputs for Processing Audio...

ok. heres what i want to do :

- i want to be able to send various tracks in logic to the inputs on my virus ti synth so i can process them with the fx and filters, and then have the resulting audio routed back into logic so i can monitor it and then eventually bounce it down when i have it sounding how i want.

this is how i have it setup :

- i have outputs 3-4 of my soundcard going into the Stereo Inputs of my Virus TI
- I have the default input patch on my virus ti selected and its set to static mode.
- i then have the output of the virus patch [which the audio is being routed to]set to Analog Output 1-2 [of my virus's output section] which are then connected to Inputs 1-2 of my soundcard.
- i then have an empty audio track in logic with its inputs set to 1-2 which means its recieving the effected signal coming out of the virus.

Is this the correct way to have things setup ? or is there an easier way ? i thought about using the USB1+2 out of the virus instead of the Analog Outputs but for some reason that doesnt seem to work

Im also getting a tiny bit of latency when listening to the effected signal which is coming back into logic. Is this normal ?

hope this thread makes sense, its early in the morning soo forgive me if it makes no sense whatsoever
Old 27.04.2007, 07:20 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

latency for this sort of set up is to be expected.

Everything else seems ok from what I can see.

You can use the usb to stream the audio back in but for that you have to change the set up slightly. I can't seem to think of the problem but I think if you are using VC then the inputs will be used as a sound cards input. Sorry eearly morning so can't think of what the proper connection is, but I'm sure that I have managed this before, but a long time since so have a tweak it should work ok.